Thursday, February 7, 2008

Twilight...New Moon.



I am obsessed. It all started when my sister Shanda gave me a book that she said she couldn't get in to. It wasn't that she said she couldn't into it that turned me off, it was the reason she couldn't get into it. she said it was about a Vampire. Yah, a Vampire. So I didn't even give it a chance, I stuck it in my book shelf and forgot about it. My friend Liz was over one day and some how the subject came up. She said the book was amazing and that there was a series and she had rad them all and was waiting, impatiently for the next to come out. So I decided to give it a chance. I could not put it down. I became obsessed, to the point where it almost scared me. I thought of Edward while taking showers, while cooking dinner and while sleeping. I could not get this book out of my brain. I thought for a while that normal life was not an option for me any more, I thought that my life would from now on revolve around Edward and Bella. I finished Twilight in 3 days, which is some kind of record for me, the worlds SLOWEST reader. I got worried, I had to confied in my husband and trusted friend Liz. I felt so bad, I couldn't remember what I had even done for those 3 days, I wasn't even sure if Calvin had eaten. I was completely absorbed. After a short, but much needed break I am onto the second book, New Moon. I have consciously taken it slow. I have not read even one page today. Alan had an extremely worried look on his face when he came home one morning from early class and found me back in bed reading. So, no more, I am vowed to stick to sanity, reality is best. But life with Edward sounds pretty good too. :)

I want to hear stories of others who have read these books. Good or bad.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I got the first book for christmas and absoultly loved it. I'm not much of a reader but i heard so many people talking about it so i decided to give it a chance and im so glad i did. I just got the second one and can't wait to start it.

Trina said...

I read all three books within 3 months, which includes a one month break while waiting for the second one from a friend. I am in love with the series. Did you know there's a movie coming out too! Yaeh! I know what you mean about your life getting obsorbed into it. all my dreams consisted of vampires, wearwolves, and other crazy things.

Brittney said...

K where have you been?:) I swear everyone's blog has that they have read these books already. I read all three within like 5 days. I love love love them but I am not obsessed just love them. The 2nd book took me a little longer to get through just because it drags on and on but at the end I couldnt put it down again. I am so excited for the 4th one and they actually just started filming for the movie that will be out in Dec. I am very excited about that too. I hope you keep reading them and like them as well. Have fun. I mostly read when I laid Brayton down for his nap or at night and read till like 3am. Brayton plays well by himself so he would play in the living room and I would read in there and keep an eye on him. This was before I had Raylee. HOly long post sorry:) Have fun though.

Camille said...

Edward and Bella!! YIPEE!! Yes i was/am hooked obsessed what ever you want to call it! Just last night i had a dream that Ben was a vampire. Pierson was jumping on the bed and i was thinking...i wonder if he will grow up to be an handsome vimpire. Just know you are not crazy to be obsessed...it just happens. After you finish the series you it will take you a couple of days to get back to normal life..but believe me you do go back to normal so enjoy the crazyness while you can. I am guilty of ignorning Pierson and staying up all hours of the night reading. Its like a fun drug while it lasts. The fourth book is coming out Aug.2nd they just announced it! YIPEE! Happy reading Bella...i mean Keara! PS Ben said he was going to send an e mail out to all the guys that he knows to warn them about thier zombee wifes while reading these books!! Hee hee!

Camille said...

Oh yeah it only took me like a 1 1/2 to read all three books and since then i have read them again. =) I just got my mom started on the first one too.

becki said...

Real men glitter :)

Kim said...

Hey you beautiful lady! I have not read this series...but I think I must now.

Hope all is well...miss and love you all.

Kim