Saturday, October 17, 2009

My Better Half


I know that to some it is annoying to read about other wives bragging about how wonderful their husbands are and how much they love them, so.....if that is you then you might want to click that little red "x" up in the right hand corner( and for those of you with a MAC, click that red circle, wherever it pops up) as for the rest of you, buckle up for a super sappy post.
I am so blessed to have Alsy in my life. I really do not know what I would be without him, he truly makes me want to be a better person. He gives, and takes, but mostly gives. We have been redecorating...again...and I am one of those people who have a hard time envisioning how things are going to look, so I am therefore a "furniture mover" (Becky (0;) I have to see that piece of furniture in the particular spot before I can say I like it or I hate it. So today I decided I wanted this piece of furniture in the closet to create some more shelving in our play room. Alsy told me that it wouldn't work the way that I am envisioning it, I tend to have an alternate reality in my mind that seems to seep out into the decorating of my house. If I see a pic in a magazine that I like I go home to make my room look the same, and for some reason I think that my hand-me-down furniture re-arranged in this different way that it will magically turn into this magazine cover furnature. So anyway, Alsy tries to bring me down off of that, but like today, it doesn't always work. So, back to the piece of furniture, we realize it isn't going to fit with the closet doors on, so he taked them off, even though he had said that he still didn't think it would work, but I wanted to try. It didn't work, so he decides that if he takes the piece of furniture apart that it might fit that way. So he takes it apart and we slide it it and as he is just about to shimmy behind the piece to put it all back together, I tell him it's not what I was envisioning and asked if we could just take it out. Now I was not being miss spoiled brat, I really didn't want him to take it all apart, but he knew that I was not yet convinced so he did it anyway. So long story short, 2 1/2 hours later the furnature is out of the closet put back together and the doors back on and everything back the way it was before he helped me. To top it off he took this time away from studying for his finals, which he is actually very nervous about. Then to top it off even more, I told him that I was sorry for being the way that I am and having to see it, and taking him aways from studying for such a long time, and this is what he says back to me, "it doesn't matter what we are doing, just being with you is what I like to do". That did it! ;0) I love him so much, I am so grateful for him and the overwhelming love that he has for me. He is definitely my better half.

Disclamer: this post in no way tries to portray a perfect life, said people are always looking to be better and hit MANY bumps along the way, but they try to enjoy them. "Try" being the key word.

3 comments:

Adam and Nicole said...

What a sweet hubby you have. You deserve someone like him and he you. You are a match made in heaven. Kisses!!!

Moore Fun said...

Alan is a great guy, we all already knew that. He has a great outlook on life.

Becky said...

It is great to have a guy that rolls with the punches, especially when it comes to moving furniture!
Alsy is pretty awesome!