
This is Alan and I just after we got out of Brian Regan. Best night! So fun!

Our Ellie in the mornings.

Chubbalub loves watermelon. I'm pretty sure jobba the hut did too. Hahaha!

Calvy playing golf...sort of.
Am I the worst Mom ever?This week was a special week for my little guy, Caleb, it is his Birthday this week. It is his first Birthday...shouldn't that one be a really fun one? A momentous occasion? Yah, we didn't do anything to celebrate, the funniest part about it is our neighbors from upstairs, whom we have just met, came over a brought him an amazing Birthday gift, complete with a balloon. Seriously, we had forgotten it was even his Birthday. Apparently Alan sang to him the morning of, but we rushed out the door for another post-op appointment for me and that night when we were supposed to have a cake for him to just dig into, we ended up eating pizza and breadsticks and I rushed out the door for a singing practice at a friends house(I'm singing at a funeral Thursday). Seriously, I think this may qualify me for a bad Mother award. Hmm. I decided I am going to "fix it", even though he has no clue what a Birthday even is, and we are going to do something special, maybe this weekend.....this cast and hurt foot really put a damper on things, it is impossible to get anything done from the couch! Haha!
On the subject of my foot, I decided to take my cast off this evening and try walking on just my bandaged foot. It is crazy how I have already forgotten how to walk on it. I have hardly anything strength in it, my knee kept giving out and I walk funny. It doesn't help that the whole time I'm walking I'm thinking, "I probably look like a duck. Man I hope I don't split a stitch. I wonder what my neighbors think of me. They think I'm a fake, who only wears a cast out in public, to get sympathy. I hope I don't fall on my face."
I found out today at my appointment that the toxicology report came back. I am not sure the exact term, but he gave me the "you have 2 months to live" look. It came back as Rheumatoid Arthritis...mass or something like that. He asked if I have a history of that, which I have no clue, I only have one grandparent living and honestly I don't think my parents have had any issues. IDK. Either way Dr. L says I should be tested for it, but until then I am going to continue my NUCCA Chiropractic care and be positive about my health and go from there. ;0)
I feel it is a blessing, in some weird way. It helps me appreciate my working body, ad the times that I am healthy and strong. It humbles me and reminds me of how much I really do need my Father in Heaven, I rely on him for so much and I am grateful for these times that I am able to sit back and remember that. I know He loves me and knows me and cares for me. I know He knows and loves my children, and I can gain inspiration on how to raise them, and give them exactly what they need, at the time they need it. I am grateful for these life experiences, truly I am grateful.
Go here to learn more about my beliefs and other members stories.
Some truly funny things the children have said lately.
Calvy and I were sitting pretty close talking and in the middle of our conversation he says, "You look funny with those lines."
"What lines?"
"These ones"
"These ones?"
"Yah, those ones around your mouth"
"Those are my smile lines."
"You look funny."
Thanks
My children have the best conversations while traveling in the backseat of the car.
E: "When I was a baby, I ate Daddy booby."
C: "Daddy's don't have boobies."
E: "Daddy had boobies too. When he talks like a girl he doesn't talk like Daddy."
C: "No, only Mommies have boobies....but not all mommies."
IDK
C: "I want a racing motorcycle, and mine can be Lightning Mcqueen and be super fast, and yours can be.....flowers.(flowers is said in high pitched, trying to convince you it's cool, sort of way)
E: "No, I want mine to be baby."
C: "Okay, yours can be baby."
These are some of the things Calvy and Ellie say to me from the backseat.
Calvy:
"Mom, I need a hang glider."
"I wonder if my voice will sound different when I'm five"
"Mom, remember when we lived in that house. And you hit a boy. And he was big. And it was me?"
Ellie:
"You made me stop. You can't make me stop, I need to talk."
Apparently I cut her off before she was done.
"Calvy's not a mom, you're a mom, there's not two mom's there's only one mom."
I would say I'm sorry for telling you so many, but I know this is why most of you read my blog, to hear these isms. It's a good thing too, because I have a few more for ya.
Daddy: "Why did you do that?"
E: "Because I was sad."
D: "Why were you sad?"
E: "Because I wanted to punch his cheek."
Commenting on my driving:
C: "Mom, you're awesome at this."
M: "Hahahaha!"
C: "Mom, awesome is not funny, awesome is cool."
M: " Oh, thank you."
C: "You're welcome Mom."
I was recording myself saying the funny things they say so I wouldn't forget, and Ellie asked what I was doing and Calvy said, "Mommy's just trying to remember the cool things that I say."
Today we were watching some Youtube videos on the Mormon Channel, and at the end of one video Calvy said, "Girls smile the best Mommy."
I think so too.
Thanks for stopping by guys! Hope you have a great night!
-Keara
4 comments:
I love reading your post. If you have Rheumatoid Arthritis then you def need to come and learn about stuff at our seminars. We have helped so many ppl with that same thing. Anyways love ya Keara!
Ker
Your kids are seriously so funny!!! They crack me up!!!
I hope your foot heals up fast.
No, I don't think you're a bad mom for not doing anything for his birthday. Make him a cake and take a picture and no one will remember you forgot.
You and your kids are too much! I love it and I love you! How's the foot?
I love that you blog all of this! Such a fun age and so many funny things said!
You are just fine with the birthday! It happens!
Just love those kids! ALL YOU CAN! That is what they really need!
Post a Comment