Thursday, July 28, 2011

Isms and weight loss

Calvy's crazy skills.
Look Mom! I'm eating a yellow watermelon!
Yes, he is the cutest...in case you were wondering.
Calvy giving his very first talk, he did awesome! He hiccuped through the WHOLE thing, it was so cute. I almost video taped it, but felt weird enough taking pictures with my phone. wink
Good 'ol family. They were beat after a hot day and then watching our crazy three, we were all ready for a nap in Nauvoo.
Calvy practicing his photography skills.
My cutie girl with her new outfit she got at our girls day out.
This little chick helped herself to the watermelon on the counter....I hadn't cut it yet. She ate every last drop, that was our dinner.


While cleaning up some make-up off of my trash can lid in my bedroom, that Ellie had split...I'm not even going to tell you how many days previous, Calvy came over and asked what I was doing...

"Why did she do that?
Maybe she was trying to make, Trash Can Make-up Pie. That's gross. Why would she do that?"

I couldn't help it, in the moment this was so funny, and it didn't help that I was already trying really hard just to scrub it off, him saying this while I was working hard threw me over the edge, I fell to the floor laughing. This kid, I tell ya he's gonna be famous someday.

Ellie brought me a big wad of flowers, bows and magnets and said "here". I asked her why she was playing with them and told her she knew she wasn't supposed to be playing with them. She said, "I made them pretty for you, so you could have them." What the heck do you say to that kind of explanation from a cute 2.5 year old? I said, "Thank you baby, that was so nice." Hmmmm, think I failed?

Honestly life is fun right now, Caleb is starting to think about walking, he stands all by himself and laughs when we see him, and then falls. It's hard at times too, Ellie and Caleb both have thrush, which is NO fun. I have a slight case myself, but not in my mouth....I'm still nursing, and that is as far as the hints will go. I thought again about weening him, but I can't get myself to do it, I have never had such a hard time with breastfeeding, and yet I can't seem to want to get rid of it. Anywho back to thrush, we went to the Dr. to confirm it is infect thrush and she gave us an RX for an anti-fungal. We are doing doTERRA Essential Oils right now to try and get rid f it and they seem to be working, so I don't think we'll need that RX. I will be doing a Candida Cleanse and I'm pretty excited about it. I am thankful for great friend who jump at the chance to help you. We are so blessed with SO many good friends, I will miss this time of our lives.
Before
After(I realize this is a bad after picture, but I honestly couldn't find anything else)
Before
After (in a size 2 jean that were even a little big) Sad story, by upper half of my WOMANLY body was the first thing to go, had to buy a new bra. ;0(



I am going to post about my weightless, only because my cute sister told me I should. I told her that I hadn't said anything because I didn't want people to think that I was bragging or anything. I am really grateful for how healthy look and feel and I attribute it to GREAT NUCCA Chiropractic care and my healthy lifestyle. Since my NO sugar diet we are very conscious about what we put into our bodies. We eat very little processed food, mostly fresh veggies and fruit. We have also cut down on our meat, and when we do we eat fresh from the butcher organic meat(when we can find all organic) usually chicken or turkey, very little red meat if any. We try to eat meat only twice a week, some weeks are better than others. It's actually fun, like a game to see how many meals or days I can go without eating meat. Once we started thinking about it we realized that we used to eat meat with almost every meal. If we were to go back to that I think I would puke. We drink water and very little juice or soda, if we do have soda it's usually carbonated fruit juice, like Izze's. So we have very little sugar in our diet, we substitute with Agave and Stevia. We eat plain Greek yogurt flavored with stevia and pineapple juice, and the kids LOVE it, I do too. All in all it is not a diet to lose weight, we just wanted to be healthier and weight loss was a side-effect. We feel great and free, honestly. We still eat the fun stuff sometimes, but not very often, we are not perfect and we aren't Nazzi's about it, but it is important to us so we try hard. Just to prove that we are not perfect...I had a few bites of chocolate ice-cream last night and few swigs of chocolate milk, and I hate to admit it but I did have a handful of Ranch style dorritos and ham on my sandwich today, so we aren't perfect. I realize this may say dumb, like it's not really cheating, but I'm telling you once you are off that sugar for even a week your body changes, you don't want it so much any more, which is good because sugar is one of the most toxic food additives it really is not good for your body. When I cut sugar out, after a week I was dying to have chic fil-a and went out and got some nuggets. They were SO gross I can't even tell you, I couldn't taste anything but the sugar, it actually burned my throat. I'm telling you sugar is in everything, because it's addicting, so it makes everything taste better, just look at your labels, I'll bet you find it in the ingredients, and if it's one of the first ingredients I wouldn't eat it.

WOW, I so just got into a lesson, sorry. Long story short, we are healthier than ever and look better than ever too. Alan has lost close to 20lbs and I am down to a size 2, haven't been a size 2 since my freshman year of HS. It feels really good, I hope you try it out. I'll try get a picture up, I am always behind the camera so I'll have Alan take over and get a few.

Try it for a week, you will NOT regret it. I won't lie, it is hard, but so worth it.

Don't eat:
-white anything, rice, flour, potatoes
-sugar, in any form
-too much fruit, like one a day
-too many carbs, like 2-3x's a week

Eat:
-Lots of fresh veggies cooked or raw
-water
-plain greek yogurt
-protien
-Brown rice
-Wheat bread/flour unbleached flour

READ LABELS!

Just for a week, try it. And download this to help encourage you and your kiddies. wink
"healthy natural food all day" You'll be singing it too.
-Keara

15 comments:

The Williamson's said...

you inspire me! I want/need to do something about my diet and losing weight would be a HUGE plus!! and about nursing to be honest its the nursing at night that drives me NUTS!! So if she gives that up I really might nurse til she is 2 haha. With Liberty I made her stop at a year but I was SO done at that point. She didn't sleep through the night til I stopped. The first night with her was so hard! She was pulling on my shirt saying peaz mom peaz! So heart breaking when I think about it! anywho good luck! I just hope Paisley loses interest on her own after awhile :)

JCLS said...

Ok Keara....you look amazing. When I saw Alan after we got back from break I could tell that he looked different, 20 lbs!! So awesome. I need to lose weight so bad and want to get back to what I was when I was in high school. I know I can do it, but I just have to have the motivation! We have changed our diet and are only buying red meat 2-3 times a month and have been eating lots of chicken and fish....but the sugar is what kills me. I crave it so much, so I eat fruit, but the chocolate calls my name seriously.....and I don't even keep it in my house! The only thing we buy that are chocolate are sugar free puddings! Anyway.....you are amazing for the control you have taken (you looked amazing before anyway)!!!

Becky said...

I love ya Biff! Healthy eating ROCKS!!!!!
But not as much as you!

Kelsey said...

wowsa, you sexy. mind sharing any recipes you use? i think i would like to be healthier.

Kim and Gary said...

First, I love you. Second, I miss you. Third, you're HOT!

I definitely think you should share some meatless recipes. I totally want that taco recipe!

Sorry about the thrush! Did you have your milk cultured? I just read an article that sometimes recurrent/ductal thrush is actually undiagnosed staph. Although if there's thrush in Caleb's mouth...that't that:)

Love you!

XOXO

charlotte said...

I would like recipes as well! I went with out sugar for 2 months at the beginning of the year and I felt so good. I just got too lax on my habits. I haven't gained weight since then but I "feel" fatter...
Anyways I want/need to learn better cooking/eating habits because my hubby has diabetes and I really want our kids to grow up learning how to eat good/right!

Cindy said...

That is so funny...I made Brooke, secretly take pictures for Parker's first talk, too:) I can't believe our kids are getting so old:) Always love reading your blog.

Moore Fun said...

You look awesome Keara! We all appreciate the tips! What I think is funny is that you were a meat-eatting-dinosaur before and now you only eat it a few times a week! Hope you guys are getting over the thrush and feeling better. Loved talking to you and Ellie the other day, it got me through my whole bike workout! :) Congrats on the new you!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Awesome! Singing my same song girly!!

5littlenordstroms said...

Thanks for sharing your healthy eating ideas. I've been trying to do it too. Not as much success as you but I did go with out sugar for a month and lost almost 20 lbs. But of course I didn't keep it up. I'm still trying though. I have also been trying to go with less meat but I need recipes. Please share. Love you and Miss you tons.

Trav, Crystal, Carson, Cooper, and Chasely said...

You are amazing! And you seriously look so good. I think it's good to post things like this, it inspires people :)

Jourdan McLaws said...

HOLY CRAP!!! It looks like everyone is thinking the same thing I am... you look AWESOME!!!!!!!! Who freaking cares What the top half of your body looks like YOU R SKINNY. "EVERYTHING'S COOL AS LONG AS I"M GETTIN THINNER" (Lilly Allen)

The Zyckis said...

So if I didn't love you so much, I'd hate you. I really am completely floored and humbled by you! I remember when you started going through all the candida business and how you completely changed your diet for your sweet little baby. And now look at you!!! You are an amazing, wonderful, beautiful person and I just love you to pieces. I guess I'd better start losing some LBs so when you move to Mass and we're at the beach, I don't feel like a whale. ;)

The Woolner Family said...

You look fabulous! I need to know, do you workout too? I am so addicted to candy, I'm afraid to go no sugar.

Ruthee said...

Wow Keara...Your picture is inspiring and so is your story. I have never been a size 2, not even at birth LOL ( my hips dont lie) but you have motivated me to start trying to eat healthier. I have a baby boy and I only want the best for him. I will take your challenge and see how long I can cut sugar out. I'll admit, I am an addict.