Friday, February 17, 2012

Our Children are the LOVE of our life

L has been so cute lately, she is really growing up and showing us her strong will to do what she wants.  She brought me her Barbie that she was pretty excited to show me...we later found much more art work ALL over her room on her brand new sheets, her bed, her wall(we are moving in one week..), Calvy's bed, her doll house, Calvy's toys, the door, just about everywhere.  It was awesome.  She is really into pushing limits, constantly.  She loves to sit on the back of the couch or pretty much anywhere on the couch except the bottom cushion.  The other night she was not allied to have stories because she didn't finish her dinner and Daddy was putting her to bed, and she said "just close the door and read quiet, Mommy won't know"  She is one sneaky chick.  Never a dull day with this one, we love her!  I was packing in the other room yesterday and I could hear  her singing in her room and it went something like this:

Ellie: "B I N G O, B I N G O, B I N G O and Diego was his name-o"

Calvy is really growing up, he is getting a whole new set of responsibilities, he took the bathroom garbage out and put toilet paper in the bathrooms and a new roll on the "stick thing".  When we hear him saying something that is funny and we laugh he says, "that was me, Calvin, who said that." He is very entertained with knock knock jokes and loves to make up his own.  He also likes to put thumbs up or thumbs down on my pandora stations.  This is how it went the other day:

M: "Calvy can you thumbs down this song?"
Calvy: "Why don't you like that song Mommy?
M: " It was singing about things that are naughty."
Calvy: "Like what?"
M: "Like drinking naughty things and doing other naughty things."
Calvy: "Like soda!?"
M: "Yup, like soda" ;0)

Caleb is beginning to talk, he has a response to just about any question.  His deep little raspy voice is so fun.  He is quite the antagonizer, he loves to poke and prod his brother and sister till they blow up.  He loves cars and balls.  He's a pretty good shot with a basketball.  Everyone calls him, stout,  chunky, cheeks, chubby, husky...and every other chubby baby name you can think of.  He literally stops traffic.  When we were looking at a house before we moved to Chicago and as we were walking to our car, a guy across the street stopped dead in his tracks and said "Wow, that kid is stout!" ....we said thank you....

M: "Caleb."
Caleb: "What!?"
M: "You wanna sandwich or cheese crisp?"
Caleb: "sheesh csp"

Life is crazy right now.  We just moved to Chicago less than 3 months ago and we are currently packing our house to move again by the the end of the month.  Alan goes to Ohio Monday to interview for an Associateship(keep your fingers crossed, better yet pray pray pray) then wednesday we head to Iowa for graduation, he graduates Friday and then....we are on our way!!!!  To somewhere, we aren't exactly sure.  Life is extremely tiring, I find myself staring at the boxes unable to comprehend what is happening exactly.  I keep saying, "I feel like we just did this"  and the fact of course is, that we did.  I long to feel comfortable and stable and settled, like I can hang a picture and know it's going to be there for a good while, well I guess that doesn't ever happen with me.  Alan calls me the fickle decorator, I can't seem to ever be satisfied, I like change.  The other day we were rushing to get the house clean for some out of town guests and I was moving furniture.  Alan came home and was like "uh, what...?"  I cut him off and said in a bit of an angry tone, "I know, I don't know what's wrong with me!  Now will you help me with the rug?"
Alan is a great man, he puts up with a lot.  He is the most wonderful man I have ever met, and I am so blessed to have him as my companion.  He is working really hard to make us a great life, he has done really well so far.  He made a to of progress during his preceptorship with Dr. D here in Chicago.  He got many compliments on what a fast learner he was and how well he did on his X-rays.  He is such a wonderful provider, he never stops working...that is until it comes to cooking, then he's no good to anyone.  ;0)  No, he's a great cook, it's just very intimidating to him.  I know he'll get to the point where I'll be able to take a break on Sundays, and he can be the cook.  wink 


I hope you all are enjoying this beautiful winter season.  We can't wait for some warm sunny days.  This winter has been wonderful and we feel the blessing of heaven fallen all around us and even right on us.  Count your many blessings!

1.  Beautiful children
2.  Beautiful Home
3.  Free moving boxes
4.  A Wonderful husband
5.  Wonderful friends
6.  Awesome family
7.  A testimony that keeps me grounded and light at the same time
8.  A Temple only 5 minutes away!!!!!  Serious blessing.
9.  So many other blessings I couldn't even name


Have a great day!

Chillin on ellie's bed.

Getting into the shower

Remote control cell phones

Making their own lunch

Grandma visit!!!!!!

The winners of our bowling game, tie.

The most amazing bowling alley, 5 stars.  Thank you Momma!  Such a fun night we will always remember.

I'm 3

and crazy

Bowling fun!

Grandma's sleeping buddy

The Birthday boy blowing out the candles on his super cool pirate cake covered in "sand".

Super cool candle from Grandma B.

Birthday girl blowing out the candles to her purple, sprinkle,  Ariel, Butterfly cake.

Coolest candles ever!  Thanks grams!!!!!!

Princess party present time.
Pirate chest with edible booty!

This kid will play in the snow for hours, especially if I make him cocoa after.  
how'd this get in here....



~ Keara

13 comments:

Adam and Nicole said...

Holy crap, are you pregnant!?!?!?! Congratulations!!! Your kiddos are so old! I can't believe how much they have changed since I have seen them last. Man I hope your move goes well, are you moving to Ohio(cough Arizona! cough)? I can't wait to see you again. Perhaps someday I will update my blog (hello like 6 months old) and we can keep in better touch that way. Miss you K-diggs!

Kira Dee said...

Keara!! Congratulations!! How fun!! :)

JCLS said...

So exciting Keara! Congrats. I can't believe how grown up your kids look even though you have only been gone for like 2 1/2 months....it is crazy! I hope I am able to see you this weekend sometime.

Sara said...

You guys wouldn't want your life to be boring or anything, right? Congratulations! And I hope the next step (work-wise) gets figured out quickly for you guys. BELIEVE me, I understand where you're coming from. We're still not "settled," since we will only be here a few years. It's kind of a good thing, because if we were "settled" in a 2-bedroom apartment like this, we would not ever be having any pictures like that last one! ;-) It's nice to hear updates through Jeremy about what you guys are up to any given week. :)

The Williamson's said...

I heard there was some good news in your household :) So happy for you! :)

Becky said...

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
I love you and your kids, too! ALL of them!

Erica Jessop said...

Congrats!!! 4 kids.....oh boy that gives me anxiety even thinking about having another one right now lol! If anyone can handle for its YOU you are such a good Mama

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

YAY Keara!! Congrats. Love and miss you so much. When are you due? Hope your feeling well:)

-kerri

Anonymous said...

Love this! Congratulations! You and your family are incredibly cute! Keep the cuteness coming!

Emily Lauren said...

Wow! Congrats on the pregnancy. You'll have to give me tips cause even my 2 are overwhelming me at the moment, haha. Anyway, you're such a great mom, this new little one is lucky to be joining your family. Can't wait to hear more details (due date, gender when it's identified, etc).

Emily Lauren said...

Wow! Congrats on the pregnancy. You'll have to give me tips cause even my 2 are overwhelming me at the moment, haha. Anyway, you're such a great mom, this new little one is lucky to be joining your family. Can't wait to hear more details (due date, gender when it's identified, etc).

Marjie said...

The RS gave us the link to your blog, and I gotta say, it is SO cute! I was sad to hear you guys were moving so quickly!! I am subbing for your former Primary class, by the way. Heehee. Congrats on your pregnancy though!! My goodness, your kids are the cutest ever. Seriously, they should be Armani Kids models!

The Zyckis said...

Aww! Finally got caught up on reading some blogs. Miss you and the fam. xo