Sunday, November 15, 2015

"It's comin on Christmas, they're cutting down trees"

Sometimes I do "wish I had a river to skate away on".  Life can be hard, but also oh so good.  Usually I am anxious and put my tree up  and listen to Christmas music WAY too early and then get sick of it.  This year we have decided as a family that we will wait and enjoy each Holiday in it's own time.  A few days into November we took down Halloween and set up for Thanksgiving.  I was throwing a Norwex party, so I borrowed all my mom's Fall/Thanksgiving decorations, because we still have not yet been able to replenish our seasonal decorations.  (sigh) Oh well.  So my house looks beautiful and festive.  I am LOVING being above ground and enjoying looking through windows and opening them to let in the crisp air.  We do not have a fireplace, so we have been utilizing our Prime membership and putting a fireplace on the television, I love to hear the crackling, just the sound makes me warmer.  We've been drinking Hot Cocoa almost morning.

Dr. Barnes and I celebrated 12 years of marriage last night.  We went to dinner and shared a delicious steak dinner, with a delish cheesecake topped with strawberries for dessert.  We talked so long at dinner that we missed our movie time, so we called my MIL who was sitting for us and made sure it was ok to catch a later movie.  So we walked around and shopped.  It was a lot of fun, and we were out way too late.  My poor MIL, she is a Saint.

I woke up and studied my RS Lesson, and was reminded and maybe even chastened to make sure we are being mindful and living within our means.  I do work a few days a week and earn a little extra money, maybe that should be set aside for savings rather than new bedspreads for everyone.  Then a little overwhelmed at the thought of not being able to do what I love, because we need to be frugal.  Hmmm.
Full moons during the day

 enjoying some hot cocoa with a crackling "fire"
 No clothes allowed while on the potty.
 cutest scooter alive
 Captain underpants reading Captain Underpants
Cozy kitties are the best

Happy Sabbath.

-Keara

Ponderize Scripture: Joshua 1:5  "...As I was with Moses, so I will be with her: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

No comments: