Do you ever feel caught between two worlds? I feel I am at constant war with myself. I tend to really love trendy music with somewhat questionable lyrics but a great beat, but then I love feeling the spirit, and most of the time the two don't mix. I also really love the idea of being an entrepreneur and being busy working and building a successful popular brand / business, but then I love the idea of just being home and being a really great mom, which doesn't give me a while lot of recognition from the world. I know I will never regret working hard to be a great mom, but I most definitely would regret taking time away from being a mother to be something else. It is still hard though, recognition from the world or peers for being good at being trendy or setting trends is SO appealing. Why is it that we want to be better than others? And what I mean by "better" is stand out above the crowd. I'm not sure why.
Here are some things I am struggling with right now:
1. I want to be SUPER fit...and by super fit I mean skinny/toned AKA look smoking in a swimsuit BUT I also REALLY love food, mainly Doritos and Chocolate malted crunch ice-cream.
2. I LOVE to have a clean home because it feels so good BUT I really like to look at Pinterest and watch Netflix.
3. I love to get up early and go running/biking/swimming BUT I really like to sleep in.
4. I really really love to decorate my home BUT I really really really don't have any money. ;)
5. I love the outdoors and camping BUT I like being at home cozied up in front of a good movie.
6. I love to host parties BUT really don't feel like cleaning up my yard/house.
7. I really like to put together cute outfits BUT don't really feel like brushing my teeth today.
8. I really like to love myself BUT am often too busy hating myself.
9. I love to be productive BUT also really love just hanging out.
10. I love being a wife and mother BUT just want to be left alone!
So these are my dilemmas right now. ;) Really though, life is good, I think at times we just have to be kind and patient with ourselves. We are in actuality caught between 2 worlds, this one that we are currently in and the eternities to come. It is hard to choose so I must find that grayish area where I am still progressing but still able to listen to the Biebs. Does that make me terrible?
1 comment:
Yep to lots of those.
Post a Comment