Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hallelujah!!!!


To many of you this picture doesn't mean a lot. But to the others you know that this is a HUGE breakthrough. My little baby Elle is FINALLY, and I mean finally, taking a pacifier. Before this girl would suck and suck on her hands, lips and air. But now she has gotten past the gagging and is now suckin away on her cute little pacifier. Alsy and I have mixed feelings about this. I am very happy that she is finally able to suck and be comfortable(and sleep a little better), but now we can't see her cute little smile and happy face. So I think what I am going to do is limit it to a sleeping thing. I am very torn, I do not want her to have the need for a binky, but some kids just like to suck. Calvy never took one, so this is new to me, and like I said we have mixed feelings. But I am happy for now, a little bitter sweet.
I know it's not the end of the world, don't misunderstand me, I am not stressed about it at all, just weighing things out. I do have to admit that she is super cute with it though.
These we just some fun pictures. I am a freak, I can't stop taking pictures. I feel a little guilty though, I take a million of Elle and just a few of Calvy, lets face it a little boy doesn't look so cute in a flower and nakiey bum.....well maybe he does. I need some ideas, help me think of some fun poses for him to do so I can get some cute pics of him too.

I love this little hat, she looks like a 50's swimmer.

7 comments:

The Williamson's said...

She is SOOOOO Cute!!! YAY for the Pacifier!!! I am with you tho, I pushed for the pacifier so hard with Liberty, during her "colic" days I let her have it anytime she wanted, but like you I started to worry. So now it's only during church when she needs to be quite and in the car if she is having a melt down :) and bed time, it helps her sleep so much better. I don't know if that is bad but it's working for now :) I understand your concerns. Loves!

Devin & Ruthann said...

I love the headbands! She's super cute!

Henry did the same thing with the pacifier. He didn't take it until he was 2 months old. Now we just give it to him to sleep. I think newborn babies have the "need to suck" but once they get older, it's just for comfort, not so much a physical need.

Trina said...

binky's are great. all of my kids took it and grew out of it. gracie only has it for bed time and will soon be growing out of it as well. it sure makes getting them to sleep so much faster and easier.

for pics of calvin, boys like to clime. trees, fences, have him climb somthing and then look back at you (of course, depending upon his balancing skill). big rocks also, all things you can find at a park. even a playground is cute. just follow him around with your camera!

simplyshye said...

WORD !!! i LovE this hat tooo !!! Really it's that she is soo dang cute and then the hat is the cherry on ToP !

Camille said...

YAY for binkies! It saved my life with P. And it really was not that bad breaking him of it when he got older. I was dreading it but it only took a few days and he forgot about it! She is a doll and i LOVE all her head wraps! Pics of boys my favs are of them in trees barefoot and looking through tree branches...Keara you look awesome.

Becky said...

Love the pics! I adore the hat! That is what I would do with my girls! So many pictures!

Brittney said...

Oh my gosh Keara I want to squeeze that baby!!!! She is freaking beautiful!!! Those pictures of her are amazing!!! Oh I love her!!! Come back and visit so I can hold her again:)