Let me just say that I am so excited for Elle to grow up, I can't wait to have two little Barnes/McLaws kids running around. Calvy is so fun and so sweet, I'm just so excited.
Today Daddy set Calvy in his carseat just for a second so he could turn the car on and get the A/C going, then he forgot about it and we started to drive away. Calvy kept saying something to me and I was just kind of ignoring it, but then turned around to fin out what he wanted. At first I thought it was just because he droppe his toy on the ground so I picke it up andgave it to him, but his face was not satisfied so I knew that's not what he was saying. I asked him again and he said "seat belt" I looked at his straps and we were driving without him being buckled in. So, of course we pulled over and buckled him in, thankfully we hadn't left the parking lot. He's such a good kid, we are so thankful for him, especially because this little Elle, she is a fire ball.
He remembered another good thing just before lunch too. We had the places all set and ready to eat but we were still getting odd things like forks and drinks, and Calvy didn't touch his plate, he just kept saying "Prayer. Prayer. Prayer" Such a good boy. Please don't take any of my doting to be a braggy mom, because we are FULLY aware that it is not all our doing, he is just naturally a good kid, and we are so thankful that we have him, he has the funniest personality and the cutest little quirks. I'm seriously so excited for Elle to start showing more of hers.
BTW, Elle is rolling over, almost sitting up by hersslf and has almost complete control of her hands. It's so excited to see her grow and develope, it seems to happened so fast all at once. I love it. She is just like her brother too, she'll fall asleep anywhere. Just now she rolled over onto her tummy and when her brother left to go outside she whined a little, but then was suddenly quiet, apparently she was tired. So now I just need to get the 2 year old to follow step. :)
Seriously, we love being parents, it's the best job. At times the hardest and sometimes I don't think I'm cut out for it and want to quit, but then there are times like these, and it makes it easy to forget the bad.
SYLYB
7 comments:
Good job Calvy trying to keep your parents in line!!! (0:
Forgetting to buckle the seatbelt. Been there, done that. Good job mom and dad teaching him right!
Your babe is such a cutie and getting so big!
it must be opposite day at my house, cause my day was nothing like that. although there were some good moments, it was right up there with some of my worst "MOM" days.
just glad paul is home now so i don't have to do it alone.
way to go calvin on keeping the parents in line!=)
I love all these cute stories. I can't wait to see them this summer.
He is a good kid because he has good parents. Give yourself a little more credit. We love him in nursery, and is always one of the firsts to fold his arms for prayer before snack!!
That is really cute! What a little saintly gentleman. I love me a sweet boy! You also need to take some of the credit. You seem like a great mom!! I love to hear the stuff Elle is doing, because Emmy is doing the same fun stuff. Cuteness.
So I totally did the same thing with Blake in his car seat except that I got out of the parking lot and was driving down the road when I finally understood what Blake was trying to tell me (Mom, buckle me!!) Yah it was a "I'm a bad mom" moment. How cute it Calvy! And Elle too for that matter!
So anyway, what is the story, are you guys coming here or what?!?!?!?! I am missing some Keara time!
I know what you mean!!! I have lots of those "wanna quit days"! Who doesn't? (For any who don't, DON'T answer!) But then they do stuff like that and that's when we remember why we really stick it out! It goes by SO fast!
Your kids are adorable , Keara!
Hope you guys are well.
Post a Comment