We have been trying to teach Calvy the difference between his right and left hands, but he always reverts back to his "spot hand". He has a freckle on his left hand, if I ask him to shoe me his spot hand he knows exactly which one it is without even looking. So who needs right a left?
C. Mom I'll just hold it in my spot hand.
M. You want to hold it in your spot hand?
C. Yes, I just hold it in my spot hand.
C. Mommy, I eat bagels.
M. Yes you do eat bagels.
C. I don't eat beetle bugs though.
M. No, you don't eat beetles.
C. Or lady bugs.
M. Nope.
C. Or spider webs.
Ellie is standing all by herself, I know I have said this already, but it's so funny, she just wants to stand all the time. She has taken a few steps but nothing major, she just started walking with us while holding only one hand. She tries to talk to us all the time, she'll come over while we're talking and she'll just jabber around just like she's carrying on the conversation.
Ellie-isms:
bu bu=bye bye
bah bah= bottle
mama=mom
dada=dad
na na=no no
nah ni=Nixon
hi=hello
She's getting so big, I can't believe it. I love my babies, they are amazing, they make everyday so fun.
I want to write a little about my hubby. We celebrated our 6th year wedding anniversary on Saturday. It has been an amazing 6 year journey, which is definitely FAR from over, which actually makes me really excited, life would be SO boring without trials and tribulations. I love Alsy more today than I did the day I married, even more than the day I fell in love with him. So in celebration I am going to tell out "love story".
Alsy and my cousin, Dustin, are best friends and have been since high-school. When my cousin moved from Phoenix to Mesa I got to hang out with him a lot more. Alsy would visit time and again from Phoenix, but I didn't see him often, but whenever I did, I was in LOVE. He was so dreamy, I just wanted him to love me too, but I was 14 and he was 18, so needless to say, he was NOT interested, but that didn't stop me from trying. I flirted and tagged along and tried to get him to fall in love with me, lets just say it didn't work. About a year later when Dustin was leaving on his mission he had an open house and of course Alsy was there, I had another chance. We went on a hooligan outing for one last thrill before his mission, and there I was in the backseat. I had so much fun, I just knew I could get him to like me. When we got back we hung out at Dustin's house for a while and I laid the flirting on REALLY thick, when I look bad I'm pretty embarrassed, but I asked Alsy and he said he didn't really remember, I think it was a blessing. ;0) Well not too long after it was Alsy's turn to leave on his mission. I didn't get to go to his "Farewell" but I went over to my Aunt Gails house(Dustin's mom) and I talked with her about Alsy, she called him for me so I could say good bye. So I had a little conversation with him which was pretty pointless to him I'm sure, but it was heaven to me. After I hung up the phone I remember talking to my aunt and saying"wouldn't it be weird if we got married?" She was totally up for the idea, she loves Alsy and me so she thought it would be perfect. I remember not wanting to jinx it so I didn't think about it any more. Well, he left and I wrote him a few times before I got annoyed witht he generic letters I would get in return. I moved on and had boyfriends and moved in with my sister in Utah. Alsy coming home was always a reason for me to move back home, I never really forgot him. So he came home in August and I went home in November to visit. I went over to my Aunts house to hang out and while I was there Alsy came over to pick up Dustin to go hiking or something. I was there in the kitchen when he came in, and he has since told me that I when he walked in and saw me in the kitchen with my glasses on that he thought I was WAY hot! He said that he hadn't ever thought of me as a girlfriend until he was almost done with his mission, he was showing a picture to another missionary and I happened to be in it and the other missionary was asking who I was and Alsy said that "oh don't worry about her she's like 15" the other missionary pointed out that maybe I was 15 when he left butnow I would be older. Anyway back to the kitchen; I was NOT interested in Alsy, I had a boyfriend back in Utah and he had gotten a little chubby around the middle and he buzzed his head, so the roles had switched. So we hung one night while I was there and Alsy was really interested, but I was playing a little hard-to-get and I had a boyfriend. So the day that I was heading home Alsy called me to make sure that he thanked me for such a fun night. It was actually pretty sute because he walked out of church to do it. So I went back to Utah and thought about Alsy a lot, I ended up breaking up with that boyfriend and moved back home. So that started it, we started dating. Our first kiss was on New Years Eve 2003, and we were married November 2003. It has been amazing, I LOVE being with him, I am a better person because of him. I am so thankful fo marriage and for being able to find Alsy, we really were meant for eachother, everything fell right into place. I love him with all of my heart! I love you Babe!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
5 comments:
How cute! You loved him when you met him at age 14 and I loved Devin when I met him at age 15. Who knew we'd end up marrying the boys of our (teenage) dreams?
I don't think I knew the whole story of how you meet. That was awesome. Love you guys. Did you realize that our anniversary's are close. Devin and I will be celebrating 9 years on the 1st of Dec. Hope you guys had a great day.
That was a fun story! Thanks for sharing. The only thing that could have made it better would have been pictures... ;-)
Very cute. Can't wait to hold Elle. Happy 6th Anniversary & Happy Thanksgiving!
I love "how we met" stories. I laughed out loud at the chubby in the middle and buzz cut. That'll kill the mood EVERY TIME, won't it? :)
Post a Comment