...some snow today, on Thanksgiving! What is up with that! I miss being in Arizona to be able to play outside and even eat outside. My favorite memories are of us meeting together as a HUGE extended family and eating out in our backyard on the picnic tables and then jumping on the trampoline and playing on the swing set and watching movies and just having a blast with family. I love family, I love the comfort level you have with family, that you feel you can eat so much to where you feel you could puke and then let out your pants without being judged.
I am thankful for many things on this wonderful Holiday. I am thankful for my friends and how much like family they are to me. I am thankful for an oven that works, that I am able to bake up a storm. Something I am very thankful for, which may seem weird, but I love having ingredients to things I am baking. I love being able to read a recipe and look in my cupboards and find everything I need. I was trying to describe this feeling to Alsy last night and figures out that it's kind of a feeling of being established, that I am able to have everything I need in my own home.
I am thankful for the knowledge that I continue to gain, and the knowledge that I have. I know that I have a Father in Heaven who never tires of my voice, who welcomes me everytime I call upon Him, even when I have made many mistakes. I am thankful for the knowledge that this life is eternal, that I get to be with my family and my husband FOREVER. There is no greater blessing. I am thankful that I am able to better myself, to repent of my mistakes and move on to live a better life. All of this is possible because of the greatest gift that has ever been given, our Savior. I hope we can all remember this beautiful gift this season, that we would ask ourselves "What would Jesus do?" It might be a cliche, but if you break down what the words really mean, it means a lot. To try and serve like our Savior, a person who never made a mistake someone who was in every way, perfect.
I love this time of year, it is a great time to sit and relflect on what great things we have done in the past year instead of looking at what we could have done better.
I love you all! Happy Thanksgiving.
Oh, and BTW we aren't expecting just snow....coming soon, July 3rd. Happy Holidays!
22 comments:
ok when I saw the title I got super happy and then disappointed when I saw SNOW haha but boy I'm I glad I read to the bottom!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!
What the crap?!?! Are you serious?!?!?! That is awesome!!! Congrats!!
Congrats!
Oh my goodness, Congratulations, I am so excited for you guys!
Wow wasn't expecting that!! So excited for you guys!! Can't wait to have another niece or nephew. Was this planned?
Awesome Guys! love it.
WoW! Congrats. Another little one! that is awesome. I need to get busy. I am way behind, I still only have one!
Hope you had a great thanksgiving - see you sunday
congrats!!!
I am so confused!!!! Why am I the only one that didn't understand that?! Haha! Wow u are crazy girl! How far apart will ur little girl and this one be? I still am not quite ready yet! But congrats girl!!!
Sounds like a great Thanksgiving!!!
And babies ROCK! Your family is amazing! We are so happy for you!!!
I heart you! (0:
Sweet!!! Congrats!! I'm excited for more cute Barnes babies!
I guess this is a good way to find out who actually reads the long blog posts all the way to the end huh? lol congrats - paul
We are sooo happy for you also! Happy day.
Congratulations! So much fun.
Great news!! Congratulations! That is definitely something to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving.
Oh that is great! I am so happy for you. Great delivery too. Loved it.
You are HILARIOUS. And so so sneaky! You have beautiful children so I'm pretty excited to see your summer version. :) Congratulations.
Holy Moley! That was totally unexpected. Phew! You're a brave mama. I remember you asking me how I did it with two and now I'm going to be asking you how you do it with three!
Number 15 this is great...love ya
Hey this is Charlotte Clawson, not sure if you remember Jason and I from way back when in the El Dorado ward in Gilbert...maybe in 2005? Anyways, I'm not really sure how I found your blog but, I hope you don't mind. Your family is super cute! Also, your husband changed my tire one cold morning when I was leaving for school, from the cute Playa Palms Apts. I didn't even know it was flat...I guess I am unobservent. Anyways...tell him thanks for me please, I don't know if I told him that day or not. I probably made him late for something. Congrats on the new baby btw. I am due with our first on 18 June 2010!
Yea for you guys! Congrats!
Congratulations Keara!!! That was a funny opener, way to keep everyone on the edge of their seats!!!!! I hope all goes well for you!!!
Post a Comment