Thursday, February 11, 2010

Calvy's friend M: He threw snow dust on my face.

This was said after Calvy threw a snowball at her and it hit her in the face. We had been sledding for over an hour so all the kids we tired. We tried to get Calvy to say he was sorry but he couldn't bring himself to do it, I don't think it was because he didn't feel bad, I think it was because he felt REALLY bad. He started to cry so I picked him up and said that it was ok, and he just kept saying "no it's not" I think he felt really bad for hurting his friend. Sorry M.

Calvy is pretty funny these days. The other day in there was a lot of snow in the grocery parking lot, and while we were walking through it I could hear Calvy say "this is quite slippery" So cute.

He has been saying a lot of other funny things too but I can't remember them...I know I stink. Oh that reminds me, last night while sitting next to me he said "mom you stink like a walrus".....well....thank you?
He is growing up so fast, he is FINALLY potty trained and doing SO well. He has been dry 2 nights in a row. This morning my alarm went off and then we heard something, then figured out in was in the bathroom, we realized it was the stool being moved and then we heard a water fall. ;) Calvy had gotten up and gone pee pee all by himself. This may not seem amazing to those of you cool moms who have had your 3 year old potty trained for a while, but for us this was a first and we are so proud of our big boy. You might even say that he got a cookie before breakfast. ;)

3 comments:

Becky said...

Even this mom of 3 year-olds-that-have-been-potty-trained-for-a-while thinks it is AMAZING that Calvy is doing so great! That is so awesome for him!!!! And for you guys!!
M is fine! She loves Calvy! She can't wait to get to the Y today and see him!
"Snow Dust" happens!!
Sledding was halarious and so much fun! I am so glad the boys joined us, too!!!
PS Seen a paper today? Are we famous?! (0:
PPS I am trying to get blogging again. I need it, I think.

Arrington Family said...

HURRAY!!! Marky was 3 when he finally had it all figured out, and it took what seemed like forever compared to his big brothers, so it's always a huge deal to have one out of diapers!! Congrats!!!!!
Your family is gorgeous! I hope you all are well.

Camille said...

Yeah Pierson is 3.5 and still calls me in to take him potty. Although 50% of the time he dosn't have to go at night anyways! What a big boy!