Kids playing before bed.
The following pictures are from Thanksgiving. We drove to Wisconsin to be with our cousins at it was a blast. We had so much fun just hanging out and going to some stores and cooking. My camera died so I don't have a lot of pics, but we just hung out and had a blast. Calvy and Ellie still talk about their cousins in Wisconsin.
It was a very blizzardy weekend, so the kids went out to enjoy it...it was COLD.
These are just some fun Christmas decor I wanted to share. I want to make an orniment for each of the kids....I want to...

One of my friends bought these sconces for me at a garage sale, She said she thought of mew hen she saw them. I do love them...a lot.
It was Alan's 30th Birthday last week, so to celebrate we did 30 nice things for him, amongst them were 30 Happy Birthday posters throughout the house, little treats left on his car, and a list of 30 things we love about him. We also took the kids out to see Rapunsel to celebrate.

"Is that a turtle shell, or Ellie's hair?" -Calvy
"Mommy, do you love Daddy?"
"Yes, I do."
"Do you love me?"
"I do love you."
"I love you more Mommy"
"I love you too."
"No, I love you more."
"Oh, I love you most."
"Love competition. I win!"
-Calvy
"We're going to have dinner soon."
"No! We're gonna have peanuts!"
-Ellie
We tried star fruit this last week, it is very yummy and an awesome texture, kinda like a raspberry with a very juicy, crunchy grape texture.
Just one day in the life of Caleb...

and Ellie...

and Calvy.
I know I say this a lot, but life is quite the roller coaster. Leaving town for Christmas can be pretty stressful. I would like to say that I would just rather stay home and enjoy our last Christmas in this house(which I would), but I do not want to be ungrateful for the huge blessing it is for us to be able to go to AZ and see all our family and enjoy Christmas together. We are also very excited to share in the sealing of Johny and Christa in the AZ temple while we are there.
I often think of things I could post on my blog, things that have caught my eye or attention or captured my thoughts. There are only a "few" things that come to mind, how much I love chiropractic, more specifically the NUCCA technique. The First Presidency Christmas Devotional. My amazing children and how to raise them and love them. Homeschool! Last but not least the movie I just saw "Babies". IT makes me cry every time, I just love those babies and it makes me love my babies even more, I just want to be with all the time and love them to pieces by kissing their cheeks repeatedly.
My biggest goal for right now is to just be a great mother, I pray for it fervently. I want my children to know how special they are, and how loved they are. I want them to love each other and be able to rely on one another. I want them to be able to reach their potential and be great people. How do I do this? I have no idea. ;0) I just pray a lot and ask for a lot of help and endurance, and sometimes patience...but not very often, I usually can't handle those days. ;0)
I am so thankful for modern day revelation, for the knowledge that our Father in Heaven is giving us direction yet again, that He loves us and wants us to return to Him, and to be extremely happy in this life. I love the Christmas Devotional, all of the talks were s good, and I am so thankful for the Spirit I feel when I listen to those wonderful men speak and give us direction which comes from God. I loved President Uchtdorf's talk, I am sometimes a Grinch and I am grateful for him pointing that out. I want to make this season magical for my children and full of wonder and love for my husband and I. Tis the Season and I am SO grateful for that special little baby who grew into a wonderful boy and amazing man who lived a perfect life and gave it all for me. I hope I can remember the true spirit of Christmas or the Spirit of Christ. the music was amazing, my favorite is this song by the Tabernacle Choir.
I am most grateful for my children and my amazing husband this Christmas season. What are you grateful for?
-Keara
No comments:
Post a Comment