Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sign for "T" is the sign for LOVE

I wanted to post something about one of the most influential women in my life, minus my mother, and it is my Grandma Passey, my Mother's Mother. She is no longer with us, she has passed onto the other side where I am sure she is hard at work. She left us in such a way that it made and still makes it hard to believe she is gone. We found out she had cancer and 6 VERY short months later she was gone. I don't know that it left my brain enough time to compute because I still have a hard time with it, though it is getting better, I do sometimes expect to see her. It is sad that I don't get to see her any more, but I do however feel her near. I remember a few years before she passed, her and my Grandpa talking and my Grandpa was teasing her for the way she would hold her hands while she slept or watched T.V. She would hold her thumbs between her index and middle fingers, kind of like the sign for the letter "T". She said it was just comfortable, I remember trying it out myself, it is pretty comfy. ;0)For some reason I always remembered this.
It took us a while to get pregnant with Calvy and my Grandmother was the first family member I told when we finally got pregnant. I remember going to her house for Mother's Day, and by this time she had been asleep for several days and we didn't expect her to awaken. I knelt at her bedside and whispered in her ear that all the time we had waited for our little baby was now at an end. I do remember being very sad that I couldn't see her smile and have her give me a hug and say, "See. I told you it would be ok".
As I said before I feel her near a lot, when Calvin was born I noticed that sometimes he would hold his hand with his thumb nestled in between his index and middle fingers. I always felt her near. As Calvin got older he stopped doing it as often, till he stopped all together. Then when I had Ellie she did the same thing, and just last night I looked down at my little Caleb and saw that familiar thumb position and felt warm. Every time I have seen it, with all my children, I have felt her near, almost a little sign to let me know she is around. I know my Grandma still loves me and when she gets a chance she pops in to see how we are doing. I am grateful for little signs from Heaven reminding us of our loved ones, even those who have passed.
I love you Grandma Passey, I will never forget your amazing example of service and family. You said it would be ok, and now look at my 3 beautiful children.
Love you forever and ever.

Love, Keara

P.S. I chose that specific picture because the woman's fingernails are done, and if you knew Grandma Passey you know she always had her nails done.
P.P.S. I have not forgotten about my surprise for all you followers, I promise it is coming. If you are not yet a follower, go ahead and become one and you'll have a chance to partake in this surprise.

3 comments:

Devin & Ruthann said...

This is so sweet:)

5littlenordstroms said...

Thanks for sharing that Keara. I know just how you feel. I believe she pops in on all of us from time to time. Love ya.

Jill said...

that is so funny. I never noticed that was what it ment in sign language. I remeber her doing that all the time.