Thursday, March 26, 2009

I need YOUR help.


So I was totally inspired to get my house decorated when I saw my sister's houses. I swear I am the one that was lacking a bit in the good taste factory, I'm pretty blah. Our house consists of hand me downs and garage finds, I have never bought a piece of furniture...well we sold the T.V. Armour and bought a new one, does that count? Does it count if my mom made up the difference because the new one was more that we sold the old one for? :0)
Anywho, I had this cute idea spark from my sister Jourdan's house, she is amazing at decorating and having an eye for things. So she has something like this in her house and I was trying to kind of copy it in my own little way. Please tell me what you think. I wanted to paint everything black and put a piece of black backing on the whole thing. But now that I see all the colors I kind of like it.
Give me your in-put.

11 comments:

The Williamson's said...

Ok that is sooo cute!!! I like it how it is, but I too lack in home decor area as well. Such a cute idea!

Trina said...

i would keep the colors. you'll never be able to keep up on color schemes, so make everything your color scheme. it works!

Moore Fun said...

I love all the different colors, Keep it. Very cute.

Natalie said...

I've done something like that before with all black and loved it. But I'm totally into black frames. I just hung the big frame on the wall with no backing. Looks super cute and you're totally NOT lacking in the good taste area!

Jill said...

LOOOVE IIIT!

The Eagars said...

I'd say go all black with no backing. I think that would be super cute. Fun idea!

Thorne Family said...

It's beautiful! I love it! I've been wanting to do something like that in my apt., but haven't found the time. I love all the different colors!

Devin & Ruthann said...

Love the colors. Very cute!

Marily said...

I LOVE it just like it is. I have never seen anything like it before and the different colors look very artistic. I think it would look neat with the wall peaking through. Glad to see what you guys are up to!

Jourdan McLaws said...

shanda is teaching me about blogs so im looking at stuff it's kinda fun but can be time consuming and i just sit here and time gets away from me and my homework doesn't get done maybe this summer I'll start a blog anyways comment for this pic.... love it looks cute Im a black and white pic girl myself u don't need a backing as long as the paint on your wall works with the stuff inside the large frame... um oh yeah this pic make me long for elle I miss her she will be all grown up when I see her next, are comments suppose to be short? Did you take these pics? the one of her on her belly with her bumb showing is my fave.

Nash said...

i agree with george.
i think depending on your wall color you could do no panel in the back. also i think you need uniformity (is that a word?). so i say all white or all black. it will be more striking. love it. wish i could pull something of my own together. show us the finished product.