
Surprised Face
...it has been a while. A lot has happened since I last blogged. Our family is doing well. Elle baby is getting so big and loves to laugh and smile. Her favorite thing to laugh at is Big brother Calvy when he jumps and dances, but especially when he scares her. It's so fun to see them interact, she is already so in love with him, it's precious. Calvy is such a big boy. He is so funny, he is very interested in emotion right now. We do sad face, happy face, scared face, mad face and surprised face. The other day I did sad face to him thinking he was going to play along, but instead he comes up to me and says "mommy, no don't be sad." then he gave me a hug and said "I wuv you mommy". It was the sweetest and saddest thing I have experienced, how many times have I been sad or down in the dumps and didn't think he had noticed. It made me sad to think that he would be sad because I was sad. From then on I have been more conscious of my mood and attitude with him and Elle, and have been more patient and loving instead of hurried and in a "mood". I realized something this week, that life is a challenge, but it is a challenge that we all embraced or we would not be here. I am trying harder everyday, I am trying to be better at geting on my knees several times a day to ask for help and guidance. I am so grateful to live in a free Country where we are able to worship and pray as we please. I can't express enough gratitude for the sacrifices that have been made for our country and for our church. The dedication and sacrifice it took for us to be able to read from the scriptures. I love to read from the scriptures, the spirit that comes from the book itself and the words that are written, is incredible. I am just so grateful for so many things, and my heart goes out to those who don't even know these wonderful things exist. I know that's why missionary work is so important, and that's why we need to be prepared, to be open for those missionary opportunities. Sometimes life is overwhelming, and all the things we have to do, the laundry, clean the house, dishes, lunch time, snack time, dinner time and find time in there to play with our kids and read from the scriptures; but as I have been counceled we should not be overwhlemed by it, we go a step at a time and ask for help when we feel like we just can't do it any more. A little thing that I have started with is just making sure I can feel the spirit throughout the day. Keeping the TV off and trying to use the kids nap time as a time to study and pray. Just being open to the Spirit and it's promptings has helped because then I don't feel overwhelmed with trying to figure out what I should be doing, the Spirit will just direct me. I am thankful for my husband and the Priesthood being in our home. I look forward to being able to bless Elle and to see all of our family. I love you all so much, I hope you have a great day.

Sad Face
Mad Face
Happy Face.
No comments:
Post a Comment