We are still having tickle fights.

The other day ellie was up with a fever so I sat on the couch with her while Alan purused our blog postings. She saw the post about her binky in the shower and said "Dat my binkies". Then she saw a picture of Calvy and said "Calvy urt(hurt) my binkies", I said "no he didn't, it's fine". The she saw a picture of Nixon and she said "Nisson bite my binkies", I said "no he didn't, it's fine" she then saw a picture of Alan and said "Daddy eat my binkies"...do you see a trend? This went on for a while until I determined she was feeling well enough and tired enough to just go back to bed.
This was Calvy's take on breast feeding
"Caleb drinks your boob, right."
"Uh, sort of"
"He gets milk from your boobies right?"
"Yes"
"Why does he only eat milk?"
"Well, babies drink their food instead of eating it because they don't have any teeth"
"Oh. Did you drink milk?"
"Yes, I drank Grandma McLaws' milk."
"Does Grandma still have milk?"
"No, not any more."
"Oh, was it empty?"
"Yes, it's empty now."
"Oh. Was it flat?"
Life is good, we are just hangin out and loving life. Alan and I weren't able to go out for our anniversary last weekend so we went out last night. We went to my favorite restaurant, Granite City and had I had my usual, Mediterranean Chicken*
A seasoned chicken breast charbroiled and served with wild rice pilaf, steamed fresh broccoli, marinated bruschetta, tomatoes, onions, and a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
I swap the rice for their delectable mashed potatoes, and it is the most amazing meal ever. I love the reduction sauce and the marinated bruschetta is SO utterly amazing. Alan ordered the same thing but with rice, he loved it. We opted for the GC Big Cookie for dessert with vanilla ice-cream, neither one of us could finish it. Yet again a wonderful anniversary celebration. I love my husband more an more each day he lets me sleep in. :0) J/K I truly do love him the more I get to know him. I am grateful for the sacrifices he makes for us and for me and for the wonderful thoughtful person he is. He is currently in the basement getting it ready to be transformed from his workspace to my craft space, all because I complained that I can never get anything done because I always have to put it away so we can have dinner. My workspace used to consist of the dining table. I am SO excited to have my own space. WoHoo! He is a great man, and I love him.
Other than the same 'ol same, and my fabulous family pictures, there isn't much going on.
Thanks for stopping by.
Keara
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I'm excited/jealous you get a craft room! I can't wait to see some pics. Send me some GC next time you go!
Happy 7 years!
Congratulations on 7 years. I love reading your blog. It makes me want to start up again. Your pictures are beautiful and I love that used grandma's quilt. I love you and your sweet family. Miss you.
SYLYBYE, Beth
Post a Comment