Sunday, November 21, 2010

Best years of our lives?????


Ok, all I want to say is....I want a stinkin piece of cake! I want it to be big, dense and moist with a big glop of frosting on top, preferably strawberry flavor or maybe confetti or maybe white with vanilla frosting....yum or maybe that delicious cobbler from Cindy's that I passed up after dinner tonight, which Alan lied and said was not good to make me feel better for passing it up (Cindy is an amazing cook and baker...amazing). My candida has flaired up again, I am back into the sore boob stage, nursing is painful and a little frustrating because it slows my milk production a bit too, but what can ya do.

It is Christmas season which means Christmas card time. I have to admit that I have NEVER sent out a Christmas card, but this year we got our fam pics done on time and I am satisfied with them. I am hoping that these Christmas cards will not be like all the other baby announcements or wedding thank you's which made it home and into their envelopes but never into the mail. Hmmm, this may be something I have to work on. ;0) Either way I would like to get your address if you would like a Christmas card, so please email me or message me on FB.

A comment my aunt left me sparked something in my brain, she said "I love reading your blog. It makes me want to start up again." first I thought, why? This is like the worst part, we're in school we don't have a house or money for that matter and our kids are too young to do anything for themselves especially wiping their own bums. Then as I looked over I saw this picture and saw Calebs cute little body and Ellies big blue eyes and Calvy's oh so cute stare and thought, "they will not be like this forever". Someday Caleb will have his own friends and Ellie will be asking me for a cell phone and Calvy will be asking me for a car. Someday I will look back and miss this time. This made me sad, but then I remembered that they are still here, they are my children and I get to enjoy them right now and for all those minutes and years between. I love being a mother, I can be satisfied at the end of the day knowing that I made the right decision to have a family, to make that commitment and stay home with them and raise them and teach them and most of all LOVE them. I am so grateful for the ability I have and for certain circumstances that allow me to stay home, and I feel for those who can't. I love my family and I look forward to growing it even further...just not this year. ;0) I am full of gratitude to a Heavenly Father who has blessed me with such great blessings.
Happy Thanksgiving EVERYONE!

P.S. Hanna, we can NOT wait to see you and eat some yummy food with you!
-Keara

2 comments:

The Williamson's said...

I too LOVE your blog, you always write just what I need to hear. Thank you!

5littlenordstroms said...

I think it is when times are a little rough, that is when the most growth happens and that is a great time to be writing. It's when you have the most interesting things to write about. Things have been rough for us too but there are so many wonderful blessings right now too and I know I should be writing it down more often.
I write a lot of things on my own in my personal journal and just find that I don't have a ton of time right now to start up a blog again but I would like too. We'll see. Any way enjoy the stage of life you are in right now. I was thinking of our early years when we graduated college and were prego with number three. Those were some difficult but such sweet years. I miss it fact and wish I had written more about those years. Anyway, sorry to write a book. Keep on writing and maybe I'll join you again some day.