
We have made it a goal in our house to not turn the television on, if we do it is only to watch a good movie and only on the weekends. I am one who likes to have the sound from the T.V. so we have decided that good wholesome music would take it's place. I can not tell you the change, even now just talking about it I am welling up inside and my eyes are getting misty, without the constant distraction of the world the Spirit has been with us, around us and in us. I have never received so much inspiration, our children play better and we are just happier.
This evening while doing the dishes and waiting for Alan to come home, I pondered on my life. At first I felt down remembering all the times I had not been so good, I felt myself falling into a pit of despair, feeling like I could not make up for that, and then it was followed by a sweet feeling, like laying your head in your Mom's lap as she strokes your hair telling you everything is going to be alright, and I felt it would be ok. I thought of the Savior and what He did for me, and that He knew my pain and my concerns and that I could go to Him, that He will make up the difference.
Life is hard and it's easy to get down, and not always as easy to feel good, so I think it is important for me to remember why I am here. There is a Plan and it is good. I am not here to have the smartest children, or to lose weight or to even have the cleanest house(which I struggle with), I am here to gain a body and get back to Him, and I want to be with Him, I do not want second place in this race. I watched this video which a friend of mine posted on her blog. It spoke to me tonight, I still have tears rolling down my cheeks, and I just know Alan is going to walk through the door and wonder what is going on.
I am so thankful for my family and the blessings we enjoy each day. I can never say it enough, I am so grateful to a Father in Heaven for loving me enough to send His only begotten to live, suffer and die for me, I can not fathom that love, but I know it exists.
Keara
5 comments:
The video would not work but thanks for your thought tonight. I feel the same way!
i love these moments when you know your importance and can feel it so clearly, I'm never really able to share these moments with others so I think that's very cool that you are strong enough to do so.
Man, I like you! : ) I wish we could hang out.
When we had kids, we vowed not to be a family where the TV is always on in the background. It was such a hard adjustment at first, but I love it! I feel we are a much closer family because of the lack of tv. ;)
Yes!!!! I love that video. One of my other faves is a talk by Elder Holland called, "An High Priest of Good Things to Come". Heavenly Father loves you!
Post a Comment