Monday, November 22, 2010

Do you ever have days like this?


Today was a TOTAL bust. I am a little tired of being sick, I have thrush so I'm uncomfortable, especially while nursing or if I get cold....ya. We never got out of our jammies today, Calvy and I "played" battleship, then we played beauty shop with Ellie. Calvy wanted to watch Charlie Brown Thanksgiving so I told him he had to comb my hair if he wanted to. I did Ellie's hair in funky ponies to take our minds off of the "bad" things. When I was almost done with Ellie's hair Calvy starts to yank my hair really hard and then says "oh Mommy, the comb got stuck in your hair." He had tried to use the comb as a curling iron. I felt the back of my head and there was the comb and a wad of hair stuck in it, and it was to my scalp. So I did what I could, I did Ellie's hair till she told me no more and then sent a text to my Mom and Alan. My mom told me to get in the shower and coat it with conditioner so it would kinda just slide out....nope. So Alan finally got home and after quite a fight he got it out. YAY Alan!!!!

This is...was my hair
My hair won!
Alan is so funny, he kept saying, "I don't know, I think it's going to be stuck...I don't know what we're going to do...Oh no I think it's going to be a big knot in your hair, I think your hair's going to be all frizzy for a while." Then he handed me the comb and my hair was like this. ;0) I love that he put one of our Christmas bows in it. Calvy said, "Mommy, you look like that Jesse girl cowboy."(Toy StoryII)
This is Ellie's hair, she was so cute to let me do it, and she'd be even cuter if she'd let me finish. ;0)

Purple lips...among other things.

Tonight for F.H.E. Alan taught us the story of the Pilgrims and why we celebrate Thanksgiving. He was trying to print out some pictures for the kids to color but our wireless printer was having a hard time, so Calvy got down on the floor and cheered the printer on, it went something like this.
"go printer go. You can do it. Do it again. Ya. Ya. Do it again. Go printer go."

At the dinner table Ellie looked at me and said in perfectly clear english,
"Mommy, can I have my binky?"
SO cute I almost said yes. ;0)

For how cute my kids are I should never have off days, but alas....Alan keeps telling me tomorrow will be better....I think so too.
Have a GREAT night. I'm off to let Alan pamper me, by playing with my hair. YA baby!
-Keara

1 comment:

The Zyckis said...

That is SO FUNNY! When I was little I was DYING to have curly hair. I used to steal my mom's curly brush and it would ALWAYS get stuck in my hair, so I'd hide behind the couch so I wouldn't get in trouble. ;)

Also, if your kids need Pilgrim lessons, I'd be more than happy to teach them about how rockin' Massachusetts is and why they LOVED it...also why we say "wicked" and "pocketbook." ;)