Ok, so I am attempting to get the creative juices flowing before the kids wake up from their naps...which I had to practically force them to do. Things are going really well, I feel an excitement in me that it makes its hard to sit, I want to share something but I'm not sure what, my hands are fumbling on this keyboard because they can't seem to go as fast as my brain wants them too.
My baby is getting so big, he is almost able to use his hands and grab things, he laughs and smiles all day long. He is chunky and oober delicious. We thought he had to be at least 20 lbs, but Alan weighed him yesterday and he was only 16. Go figure.
Alan and I are trying to get into an early morning routine. We want to get up early and get a head start on the day. We want to see if studying the scriptures would be more effective if we did it at the start of our day rather than the end. The last 2 mornings have been a bust, day 1: Alan too tired after long drive, and day 2: my alarm on my stupid phone didn't go off. Oh my phone alarm...ugh.
I have been thinking a lot about the choices I have made in my life, getting married at 19 and not going to school especially. I remember being disappointed in myself for not taking school more seriously, or feeling kinda stupid because I don't have a degree, but I have decided that I have a degree and it's in Motherhood, the most spectacular type of degree. I have mastered bum wiping 101 and have practiced it sometimes all night. ;0) I have received an A+ in dinner making abilities, and a passing grade in home decor, and I have totally mastered the art of making things better, I actually have to admit that this one is my favorite. I love making things better, boo boos, tummy aches, hurt feelings, messy rooms, yucky hands, soap in the eyes, etc. I love being a Mom, and I am grateful for an excellent mom who shows me how it's done. I love my Mom, she is a bright spot in my life, she is my role model for "making things better". I am definitely looking forward to going home to AZ for Christmas to see her and my whole family, I am really missing them, now that I know we are flying home and not driving. ;0) I am also SO grateful for great in-laws, who raised an amazing sone who became my best friend and husband. I look forward to having a big family and more children, and someday a nice BIG cabin where we can all get together and play and have fun, and hopefully by that time, I might be able to enjoy some s'mores around the camp fire.
I LOVE you Alan!
I LOVE you Eleanor!
I LOVE you Calvin!
I LOVE you Caleb!
I love you FAMILY!
*Shout Out to my cousin Amy for an amazing delivery, recovery, and miracle baby, we are glad you are feeling better! Can't wait to see you and that beautiful family.
5 comments:
nice pics. you guys look to be enjoying life. i love it. tell alsy what up.
this is why i need you to live in AZ, I need you, you are so uplifting and i have always adored your spirituality and strength in the gospel. Life so easily brings you down and makes you feel like you are not good enough and never will be. you always remind me of how we are supposed to value our true worth.
AWESOME VIDEO!
I love your blog :) Thanks for the shout out, I love you!!!
What do I say....I have wonderful and amazing children. I love you.
Good for you Keara. I think you do so many great things with your kids.
I think about the 'getting married at 19 and stopping school to buy a house and have a baby' frequently. I'm glad to know I am not alone. And I am so glad that you are happy with your decision and do not regret it. It's happy.
Post a Comment