Thursday, December 16, 2010

Am I the Breast mom ever?


No. but I do have great kids and I do love being a mom.

A very good friend of mine, one of my best I'd say, posted something very sweet about her "breast friends" and I'm one of them. Thanks Joce!
Here is a link to her "crunchy" blog.

While we're on this subject; I changed Caleb's diaper this morning before I went out for some good ol' VT, and as I was wiping the poo off his bum I couldn't help but feel a sense of accomplishment, knowing that all of that poop was a direct result from something I gave to him. Gross huh? Oh thinks I can think. ;0) Seriously though, I am so grateful for this opportunity to nurse him, it has been a hard road but I am so grateful for it. I appreciate the little things God has taught me through this experience. It has changed my life in many different aspects, it has opened my eyes to many different things, not just pertaining to breast feeding. In each step of our lives there is something we are supposed to learn and can honestly say that I am grateful for this trial.
The little things I love about breast feeding: when my breasts hurt in the morning because I have so much milk, I love hearing my little baby gulp and sometimes choke, knowing that he is getting all the nourishment he needs to survive, and that it is all coming from me. I love looking down at his sweet face as he looks up at me a grins with milk dripping out of the corner of his mouth. Seeing his chunky rolls and knowing he is perfectly healthy and happy. It is an amazing feeling.
I know there are a lot of moms out there, for several different reasons, who do not have the privilege to breast feed, and I do consider it a privilege. So to all you Mommy's out there having a hard time with breastfeeding, know that you are not alone, and that it is SO worth it, there are so many blessings for everyone involved. Don't give up, ask for help and drink lots of water. For all those Mommy's who are bottle feeding, you are a GREAT Mommy too, your baby loves you just as much. Sit and enjoy those feedings, no more propping that bottle up. ;0)
It may have been a hard time for me and my family, but it is a great challenge that we conquer everyday.
Thank you Joce for putting it into a different light, and reminding me of all the blessings I have.
I think I may have had an idea of what was to come....
Just coming home from the hospital...almost 6 months ago. ;0)
I just thought this pic was funny....no I am NOT ashamed, it looks even better without the baby in it. ;0)

-Keara

8 comments:

Kim and Gary said...

I just want to say that I love you, I am proud of you, and I WILL be calling you for lots of advice:) Sidenote, do you want to or would you be willing to take pregger pics of me and Gary when you're here over Christmas? XOXO

My verification word, "sessesti". Sounds feisty to me. Which is perfect for you!

Hanna said...

That Oreo picture is awesome! Like, frame-me awesome. hehe.

I'm a sappy nursing mom, so I totally get your sentiments. :)

Devin & Ruthann said...

Diddo what Hanna says about nursing. I'm so thankful I'm able to feed my little babies!

The Zyckis said...

Aww! Every time you write about nursing, I get that overwhelming mommy feeling and I'm shocked I don't actually start lactating. ;) You are amazing and I hope your son knows what you've gone through. Nursing is such a blessing! :)

charlotte said...

I just became a follower of your bloggy! Did you already give away the prize? JK. Breastfeeding is such a blessing. I don't know that I could have handled all that you have gone through. I also posted something dedicated to breastfeeding about a week ago. Breastfeeding is great!

Barnes Blog said...

Charlotte, I want to see your blog! How do I gain access?
No, I have not done my giveaway yet....after Christmas. ;0)

J and L Palmer said...

ok i randomly check your blog every once in a while, hope you don't mind! but i loved reading this post! my baby is almost 8 months old, and i tried everything possible (except for taking pills, which i just learned about, and will try next time) to nurse her long. i only lasted two months. not only was my baby wanting more milk, but i was losing my milk. i drank TONS of water and ate lots of protein. i would pump after every feeding. and after about a week of crying because i didn't want to quit (and baby crying cuz she was hungry) i started giving her formula, and dried up within a couple days! you are doing so great! some women are just meant to nurse!

Becky said...

I love this post! I was one of those moms who couldn't breastfeed, try as I might!
You are wonderful and awesome and amazing!! I sure love ya!
PS Joce is super awesome, too! i agree!