Thursday, December 9, 2010

Old pics/Mothering/"What Shall We Give?"

Caleb
Eleanor
Calvin



I have decided that Mothering is HARD work, and it is most definitely work. I couldn't figure out why I would have one good day and the next day be...well crappy. While writing in my journal last night I came to the conclusion that it is just hard work, and you are never guaranteed a good day, but you can guarantee a good attitude. I haven't had such a good attitude lately. I have been hit with a doozy, my milk is not producing as much any more....it seems to be drying up, I am hoping and praying that it isn't, so we'll leave it at that. I worked hard to nurse him for as long as I did and I am SO grateful. Heavenly Father has blessed us so much, I am so so thankful, and it is His plan so I will go along with it. In the meantime I am drinking lots of water and "Mother's Milk" and nursing...a LOT.

I have had sweet little moments like this...I was watching this video and busted into the ugly cry, you know which one I'm talking about, I was so touched by the message and the feelings that rushed through me, the feelings of the Spirit which I really needed this morning. I saw the pictures of Christ as a baby and I thought of my own little baby, and how much I want to just make him happy and do everything I can to nurture and love him. Then I referred those feelings to my Savior and everything He has done for me, and that I want to give Him something back, I want this Christmas season to not just be the Spirit of Christmas, but the spirit of Christ. I am SO thankful for a loving Heavenly Father and a Prophet who tells us what He wants us to hear and DO.

I do have the sweetest most rambunctious kids EVER and I love what they say and do. Calvy walked in while I was watching the said video, and he said "Mommy, we don't have church on Birthdays." Last night while I was trying to get up off the couch to go out for a girls night, which I desperately needed. I siting in a pit of despair while talking with my Mommy as she gave me some good advice on how to feel better, when I looked over and saw my two sweet children(who had spent the WHOLE day fighting) as they helped eachother. Calvy helped Ellie with her jacket and boots, and ellie picked up Calvy's boots and put them away for him. I appreciate sweet moments like those. The good advice my Mom gave me: "keep your head up", "bundle up and go for a walk all by yourself, breathe in the fresh air and clear your head." "I love you baby."
I am thankful for a great mother.

3 comments:

Saragers said...

hey keara, i need your address to send you a christmas card!!

Cindy said...

Being a mommy is awesome!!! Some days are good and I think I have everything under control....other days, I could just cry. But it is awesome. I love the simple things he says, that can make a hard day and little more easy. Thanks, for the posts...I needed to read these!! Merry Christmas!

The Woolner Family said...

Yes, motherhood is hard. I've come to the conclusion that it is mostly really hard with some splashes of pure wonderfulness everyday. I think we'll remember the wonderfulness when they are grown and gone more than the hard.