
Our lovely dining table with Liz's(my new friend) delicious cheese ball.

Our Buffet Table. a schmorgishboard(yah, you try to spell it) of food.

Our new family. Every time I see them I get happy. Just somethin about them, they're so inviting. We are so blessed to have good friends. Nat and Liz, we hope you feel the same. :)

Our little family. Me, not so little, but we're working on it.

Nate and Liz. Wouldn't this picture look so much better with a little baby???
That was for you Nate. ;)
(Well I wanted these pictures to be first, but it takes too long to fix, and I am impatient...so oh well)

Eeeew! Yuk!

Washed, degunked and ready to go.

Many thanks to Pioneer Woman for the Brine idea. She's right it would have been worth the $16 to buy the brine, but we don't have a Williams Sonoma here in Davenport. It was still fun to come up with my own spice concoction.

Turkey chillin out in the Brine. Marinade baby!

I am so sad to report that I did NOT get a picture of my beautiful turkey before we chopped it up, but it tasted marvelous. By the way if you want a really moist turkey, do not follow the directions on the box of the oven bags. Bake it at 275 for 10 minutes per pound. Pioneer woman is the master.
Many thanks to all those who hlped pull this off. Patients husbands, Liz, Pioneer Woman, Shanda and last but not least mom, for being so nice and answering my very early phonecalls, I forget there's a time difference. Love you guys!
8 comments:
Hahahah Keara, you are too funny! Thanksgiving was way fun, we will have to do it at our place next year! :)
Yay you did awesome! I dont know what I am going to do when we live far away and I have to cook myself:) I just dont think I can do it. I am so glad you have made new friends already. That is awesome. Do you guys get to come home for Christmas?
Great job with the turkey! I was thinking about you, wondering how you are doing now that you have moved. I hope you are doing good - I am sure it must be hard on you to move away from your family. But, you are right - it's great to find new friends and "family" wherever you may go!! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!
Who is pioneer woman? A real pioneer from the olden days? Someone online that calls themself a pioneer? I call my friend a pioneer--she sews everything and even makes pumpkin pie from a pumpkin of all things!!!
Hey! I miss you guys! When are you coming back????
Wow your table looks great. I had to fight the urge not to whip out the paper plates. Isn't it kind of liberating to have to learn to make all of your own stuff? I wish i would have known the pioneer cooking secrets before i made my turkey it was a little on the dry side. Oh well. Looks like you guys are having fun.
thats really gross looking but it turned out looking yummy ummm so my music you should add imogen heap- hide and seek on my songs list :D love you
you go martha! you are inspiring me to be more crafty. i have been a slacker lately.
that food looks de-lish.
Post a Comment