Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Watchin, Catchin Fireflies

One of the many things we love about the summers in Iowa are the fireflies


The kids had a BLAST, they got to stay up passed their bed time, it is usually still light out side when they go to sleep(7pm).Where would we be without Calvy's craziness?

Love this image.
We, well when I say we I mean Alan, caught some fireflies and put them in our old tadpole tank. Alan discovered that if we created a "wind" for them they would light up their bums. It was a funny sight with both me and Alan blowing on these ugly bugs.
They liked it for a while but then decided they didn't want them to stay in their room, so Alan released them back into the wild.
Thank you Lighting bugs for such a fun night!

2 comments:

Barnes Blog said...

I just realized what I wrote...let me clarify. When I said "they" liked it I was referring to our children, not the fireflies. I can honestly say I have no idea how the fireflies felt about us blowing on them.

Erica Jessop said...

I like your comment;) Fireflies are everywhere here, glad you were able to make some good use of them;) Cute pics!