Saturday, August 21, 2010

26 is going to be EPIC.

Well, I'm that much closer to 30, which doesn't really bother me, but for my lil sis and my dad it's seems a bit old.
Dad: "So how old are you, 25?
Me: "No, 26."
Dad: "Whoa, really? Wow."

Mattie: "Oh my gosh, you're almost 30."

I think Mattie doesn't like the idea of me getting older because she knows that once I turn 30 she only has 16 mos before she is 30 too. ;0)

I had the best Birthday EVER! I woke up to a "Happy Birthday Kiss" from my hubby, and on his way out the door he said there is a present waiting for me, somewhere in the house. I found it later on our headboard. I wish I would have gotten a picture of it, he always has the best presentation. It was the movie "Emma", if you know me at all you know that I am quite obsessed with period films and that lifestyle, I love anything old, maybe that's why 30 doesn't scare me. Sorry all you 30's out there, I just called you old. ;0)
So anyway, that was the perfect gift, and to make it more perfect he wrote me the most beautiful letter, to keep it special I will not share the whole letter, but I will share a bit.
"Keara, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You are my best friend & I am so blessed to be with you. I love going to bed every night with you & waking up next to you every morning. I love your smile , your love of life & the way you try to enjoy everything around you....I am sure Heavenly Father swelled with love & excitement as you arrived here, because He knew the great things you are capable of & special things you would do."

Ok, who would not feel like a million bucks after a letter like that?! I mean really, I feel like I can take on the world, I am so blessed to have him. Later in the letter he challenges me to pray for inspiration to be able to use one of my "great abilities" to do one of those "special things" today. I love Alan so much, he always challenges me to be better, to never feel to comfortable, although his arms are pretty comfortable at night.
Calvy was so excited that it was my Birthday he wanted to be apart of it so bad, he said I needed a Birthday cake with pony's on it. He was a little sad when he found out that he wasn't going to dinner with us, but when he heard he was getting a babysitter like Calliou(or however you spell it) and that made it all better.
I got to go to lunch with my girlie friends and it was so fun, I love being out solo! We went to a super yummy burritos place and my awesome friends bought my lunch and gave me gifts. Just being with them was gift enough, I love them so much! I wish ALL my girlfriends could have come.Alan and I went to dinner to my favorite place, Granite City, and I got my usual and I ate the whole plate and then we decided in honor of my birthday we would get dessert, a delicious apple crisp crumble, Oh baby so good, and I would never admit this to anyone else but my most trusted readers, I then came home and ate 2 pieces of leftover babysitter pizza. :0) Don't judge me...my diet starts tomorrow.
We ended the night with Emma, it was a beautiful thing, I can see that 26 is going to be great.

No pony cake, so we opted for cheaper and smaller brightly colored cupcakes, which turned Calvy's teeth green.
"Oh do I have green sugar on my teeth?"-Calvy

I'm pretty glad that my face is a little out of focus, on account it's so shiny.
Our little Ellie Belle, she's so couture. Thanks Jourdan!
This is his typical face lately. He's a crazy boy.
Weird pic, but this is what Caleb did. :)
Awe, look at that handsome face. I love his freckles!


*photos courtesy of Alan Barnes

7 comments:

Barnes Blog said...

Gross, my carpet is so dirty! Time to put my friends shampooer to good use. Yuck.

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

For some reason I forgot how YOUNG you are!! I totally thought you were...well, older than me, but not really!! You're only 1 year older than Jeff...and that's crazy!! Hope you had a happy birthday!! (So...when we were both in young women's in 5th ward...you were only 21/22?)

JCLS said...

I am so glad you had a great day.....I wish I could have come to lunch. I had a Dr. appt and then came home to rescue J from watching Lila. I saw on FB you were going and the clock said noon....I was bummed, but next time!

Devin & Ruthann said...

Yeah Devin is almost 27 and now he seems so close to 30! I didn't realize you and Mattie were that close...As a mom, that would make me crazy! Glad you had a good b-day!

Nash said...

you might be closer to 30 but not really, i think when you turn 28 you will really start to feel it.
glad you had a good bday. did you see that i know mindy gledhill and sang with her in church once, with another girl too.?
i haven't listened to her new cd. saw her in concert here when i helped at the benefit concert for nie.

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

I sure love ya!
It's ok that you called me old! Being old is really awesome! I love it more and more every year!!!
The pictures are awesome! Don't stress about your carpet, silly girl!
I love ya lady lady!!! You are a lovely 26 year old!
You are a wonderful friend & mother! An amazing wife (I have heard) & woman!
Here's to another year of beauty. True Beauty!
Love ya!
PS Oops sorry, that was my deleted post. Just too many spelling mistakes. Hahaha!