Monday, August 30, 2010

A Little Steam

(Sometimes I hate Blogger, I have no idea why this is underlined and why part of it is blue....it's after ten o'clock)

Am I the only one who ever feels completely overwhelmed with everything that "needs" to be done. I walk around my house tripping over the baskets of clean laundry that need to be folded and then put away, but will only be folded and then put right back into the baskets they had been living in for the past week probably not to see there actual home for another week, unless they are worn which will then sadly just start the process all over again. I hear my baby crying to get out of his seat, Eleanor sitting on the floor trying on all the clothes we got from Goodwill, Calvy in his bedroom being very quiet and Alan trying to figure out how their bedroom got so dirty...neither one of us will ever know the answer I think. I feel completely trapped in my own life, I try to clean the house during the day which never works because something always calls me away, a kid crying, phone ringing, a meeting, Caleb needs to eat for the 3rd time, Calvy's peed his pants for the fifth time or Ellie's fallen on her head for the tenth time. It always ends the same, a kid crying me frustrated and dirty dishes. I would love to clean at night while they are asleep but all I want to do when they are finally asleep is sleep myself.
C: "I wish we had a controller to move the clouds from the sun, I like it when it's sunny.", and moments where Ellie walks in with a pair of mismatched shoes on and pants on her head saying "pitty" or Caleb who takes a break from breastfeeding to give me a big goofy smile and sometimes even a laugh and my sweet husband saying the words, "what do you want to do tonight?". It is these times that I realize that it doesn't matter, the bats, peed pants, dirty dishes and yes even the four baskets of laundry, it's my family that matters, being with them nurturing them and enjoying the time I get to spend with them. I am grateful to a Heavenly Father who sends me these "Tender Mercies" to remind me that He is here with me, loving me, wanting me to be happy, knowing that those four baskets of laundry are teaching me something I will need to know in the next life...patience maybe, I don't know, but I do know there is a purpose for it. One of my blessings has told me to find the joy in all things, especially the hard things.


Us on the Nina and Pinta replicas. They were super cool, I was terrified of Ellie falling off into the water the whole time, and Calvy kept asking where all the Pirates and Captain were.













As much as I do NOT enjoy the water, I can see why people take up sailing, it is pretty relaxing just sitting there feeling the waves rock the boat and feeling that cool breeze.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Amen. (minus the bat poop, dog hair, and the rockin' right-after-baby body you have going on...)

Adam and Nicole said...

I hear ya. Ya except the bat poop? eeeww thats no fun. Looking at those precious kids of yours is just a sweet reminder of the Lords "tender mercies" just like you said.

P.s. you look great!!!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Yes we all have days like this!!
Your amazing!