We went for a Sunday drive tonight after dinner. We drove around looking for all the "Halloween Houses". As I held Alan's hand with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir playing in the background I felt a sense of total contentment. We had been missing our Daddy who was away at a NUCCA conference for 3 days. I love my family, I love when we are all together in the same space, whether it be a car or bedroom or a family room, I just love when we are all together, safe and happy.
I love driving through the neighborhoods and seeing all the windows lit up with blue lights, it makes me feel comfortable and safe, I envision us in our own home sitting on the couch together watching a movie cuddled under a blanket drinking hot chocolate and eating popcorn. There is a sense of safety I feel when we are in our home protected against the weather and those who might harm us. I remember playing "camping" as a child, we would use every sheet in the house and all our dining chairs and hair ties and make a tent. We would turn all the lights off and put a lamp in the middle of the tent and pretend that it was a fire. I would pretend that we were out in the wilderness somewhere, where there were deadly animals that might try and hurt us, but I would stay close to the fire and be safe. I still remember that feeling of safety, I often feel it while we are driving cross-country and we are all in our car driving through the darkness when all that can be seen is lit up by our headlights. In the midst of all that darkness I feel safe and protected and very blessed to have all of my little family snug and safe in our car.
I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for that being my light in the midst of the world or darkness. I am so thankful for the Plan of Salvation and temples which will allow me and my family to live together for eternity. I love my Savior, I am so humbled to know what He did for me, to know that He did it for us all because of love, I am truly grateful for such a blessing.
Zonked.
My friend got a new Halloween cartridge for her Cricut and wanted to try it out. Being a little overenthusiastic about Halloween has it's benefits. These are just a few things we did.


The local Libraries are have a "chairity" event and auctioning off chairs that people had decorated and donated for a silent auction. I put in a bid for this one. I love it, I love sunflowers and the quote just topped it off for me. The auction isn't over until November 4th, so there is still a lot of time for others to out bid me, but here's hoping I get it.

Looking forward to October break, Halloween, our trip to Ohio and Alan's parents coming to town. YAY!
~Keara
2 comments:
I love KEARA!!!!!!!!
I love the whole family! (0:
I miss you when you are gone!
Let's get back to normal schedule asap!!
I can't wait to take your pictures on Tuesday! There better be ok weather!
Love you tons and tons! You are amazing and wonderful and beautiful and a great friend!
PS I loved that chair, too!
Oh and j'adore your decor!!!
Post a Comment