
So I didn't post much of when my mom was here. She came for about 10 days and it was awesome. She cleaned and cooked and took Elle when I was too tired. It was so nice to have her here. She ended up getting sick and we switched places, but she got better before she left and we were able to have a god day together. Dropping her off at the airport was not my favorite day or time of my life. My mom helped me get out of the house and feel like I could do it.
Life is far from "normal" but we are coming into a new normal, hopefully soon. The weather makes it hard, but getting out of the house is getting a little easier. I have my break downs, but they are less frequent so that is an improvement.
Thank you to everyone and their good thoughts and calls and texts and dinners. I love you all.
We miss Arizona and our Arizona family and weather but we are surviving and it is mainly because of the awesome D-port Family we have here. I am super excited for the end of February because that means this trimester is OVER and we'll be coming home for the break. I can't wait. Bring on the good weather and Bahama Bucks, Filiberto's and Chipotle' and all that good AZ stuff that I miss so much.
My mom lined our Dining Room curtains while she was here so she had to take the rings off and Calvy kept saying earrings and wanted ALL of them on himself. It was really funny, alsy had him doing a little shimmy dance to get them all to shake and jingle. He had fun that night.
Our baby girl, mom taking a break of trying to get her to burp. This little girl will not BURP...EVER! Help me, what do I do?
I had all of Elle's bows and flowers out so Calvy just had to have one too.
My mom making Calvy's Birthday jammie pants. He was so cute just sitting there watching her sew. It looks like he's sleeping, but he's not he's just very content.
He's such a cutie!!!
12 comments:
What a nice Mommy you have! YAY i'm so happy you are coming home!! I can't wait! Lets plan both a dinner for everyone and than a girls lunch :)
Don't mom's just make everything better? you have an extra awesome tho! yay aunt robin we love you. Hope things get better for you. I'm jealous you'll be in az in february.
Hey if you are breastfeeding I wouldn't worry about burping too much. My little guy doesn't burp either and the Doctor told me not to worry too much because breastmilk is really easy to digest.
sometimes it takes awhile for their systems to work right. vance puked so much so i quit burping him. Don't worry about it too much.
Way to go Aunt Robin! Sounds like you had a good visit. I am so excited that you're coming in Feb. We for sure need to hang out this time. Our girlies need to bond.
Miss Em hardly ever burps. It's been like that since she was born. Some babies just don't that often. Don't stress yourself out about it!! I'm glad you had your mom here for a while!
You have the cutest babies! I just love pictures 3 and 4. You just let me know when you need an extra hand okay. Grocery store, going to the park (when weather get warmer :) anything seriously.
Hi! I was looking to see how you linked to my blog...Ben and Camille! Funny how it all works! We are in Des Moines. My husband is attending medical school here and we have about 1.5 more years...YEAH! Congrats on number 2 she is just beautiful! Yes, I am that mother that leaves her kids in the car...I had heard from other moms that there was a 30 minute rule before you got into trouble. Not that I would leave them in that long, but you know into the postoffice, walgreens, simple stuff like that. I always lock them in. So, I looked it up just to make sure I wouldn't get my fosterkids (at the time) taken away and sure enough. There is NO LAW against leaving your kids in the car, however, during the summer months they think it isn't a good idea! Now, answer to your question of sanity...something I don't always have! Now, I have only been a mom for a little over 3.5 years and we have six kids ya we are crazy! What I have learned is that it is all about your attitude! On days that I don't want to get out of bed and face the mess or diapers, I tend to be a little grouchy and on edge. BUT, if I convince myself that I LOVE messes and changing diapers I have such a better day! Not gonna lie to you, it isn't always easy, but most of the time there is nothing you can do about it anyways, so why make it harder on yourself with a bad attitude? I am sure you are doing great! These winters are a little longer in IA, I got a zoo and science center pass (totally worth it) and there is always the mall play areas and I take my kids and let them play with the toys at Wal-mart (totally white trash huh!!) But, it gets them and myself out...and we have a much happier home rather than being stuck inside watching TV!! If you ever make it down to the Des Moines area, give me a call and I will totally babysit so you and your hubby can go out! I know how hard it is to be away from family and not have any help! So really, call me if you ever make it down here! 515-669-5982
You are such a good mom!! I was the same way it seriously got to the point where all I was eating was PB and honey. I was so discouraged It's not fare that on top off everything else that comes with a baby you can't eat but i gave up on that cause even after cutting out everything she was still so fussy and spitting up. So now I eat everything haha. Liberty still spits up so much but not as fussy I guess it's just one of those things they grow out of. I hope little Elle gets better tho man those were some HARD times in the beginning with Liberty and all her problems. wow long comment sorry. Love ya!
Keara when was your new baby born? She is a doll. I miss you, not that I'm in 5th ward to see you anymore, but still...
i hope all is well in...was it dental school? I can't remember...
I have to agree your mom is AWESOME!!
Oh i also forgot to tell you OF COURSE YOU CAN STAY WITH US if you come over here. That would be so fun!! We are not THAT close to too many church history sites but if you are driving a good middle point. We are about 5 hours from palmyra and i don't know what else you plan on seeing but you are always welcome to stay. It would be great to see you guys! Hope life is adjusting.
Post a Comment