
Ok, backward again. This was taken just a few minutes ago, Calvy is sleeping with us at the hospital. Alan made him a cute little bed in the corner out of the couch cushions. He actually asked for prayers and bed tonight, he must have had a rough day. :) Calvy has been amazing, he constantly wants to hold and kiss his "baby Chicher"
During nap time today. Seriously, I couldn't have asked for a better kid. He's amazing. I love him even more now, if that is possible.
Bath time before bed last night. This tub is huge. It's really nice to have jets and relax my sore muscles. Wish I could take it home.
Now for the pics and the story you've all been waiting for. Sorry, we don't have a ton yet, we couldn't find our camera so most are on my friends camera...coming soon.
So, there she is. She is a chunk, almost 9 lbs.Now for the story. I started contractions at around 2:30am and pretty much jetted to the hospital because right off the bat they were 2 minutes apart, and excrutiating. After getting Calvy off to a friends house and running a few red lights we made it to the hospital. I was wanting an epidural right away because they hurt SO bad and were now right on top of each other, but it was not meant to be. :)
So they checked me and I was a 4, then an hour later when my midwife got there I was a 7 almost 8, so things were going really fast. They warned me that the epdiural might not come in time because things were going so fast. So I lied/fibbed and said that I didn't feel the need to push because I was NOT having this baby without my epidural. We finally got the final verdict that the anestesiaologist was no where to be found and there was not a back up, which meant...NO epidural. I started crying, I was so scared because the pain was so severe I didn't know what it would be like when I had to push. So I settled for some meds in my IV which really took the edge off. I had to lay on my side so we could get her to turn(she was sunny side up) so that my back labor would ease up. So after I got my meds in my IV they contacted another anestesiaologist and he said he would be right there. By this time I am a 100% a 10 and ready to push so it was too late for an epidural, so he gave me something called a Saddle Block. It pretty much blocked the pain in my Vajayjay but I could still feel all the contractions, which was good and bad I couldn't feel the pain, but then I also couldn't feel that urge to push. Either way, 3-4 contractions and she was out. So from the first contraction to the time she was out was 5 hours. Things went so fast it was very surreal, especially because of all the pain, I seriously had no idea what labor was like, now I have a great appreciation for natural births, they are SO hard! I at least got some relief for the last 45 minutes or so of my labor. Everything went smoothly though, I did not tear and I feel great. I have been walking around and picking up Calvy and cleaning our room(I think I am still nesting). We are being released tomorrow and my mom will be here, I am so excited.
So things are good, we do not have name but are tossing a few around and we will let everyone know what it is as soon as we know.
Thanks to all our friends for helping us and being such great friends. A special thanks to my good friend Liz, who stuck with us the whole time and took pictures and video taped, and still went to work that same day. You are awesome, thank you for sharing our special time with us. I love you!!!!
25 comments:
YEAH!! Congratulations! I am SOOO Happy for you guys. Calvy is super cute, he is going to be a great big brother!
Welcome to the wonderful world of Fast labors! I love your description - I am ashamed to say, you had me laughing with all your "safe" words.
I Can't wait to see more of the cutie! Now get some more rest - you're gonna need it :)
Oh, yeah and she is just BEAUTIFUL!
Congratulations! I can't wait to see more pics
That is so nice that C gets to stay at the hospital with you guys. She is so cute!!! Wow all natural way to go!! And with a "sunny side up baby" WOW!!! Wish I could come up and see you! Maybe someday.
Awww, she is so sweet! I heard a name that someone thought was official and I loved it - so I hope that is what you stick with. If not, I'm sure it will be a fabulous name anyway. :)
Congratulations!!
Can't wait to see more pictures.
I love that picture of her, and the ones of Calvin there. That's funny he stayed with you.
Waiting to hear the name. I thought it was official.
Hope I didn't make it harder throwing out a few.
I'm so excited for you!! Thanks for letting us come and see you! She is precious. And Banana had a blast with C. He's such a good kid. Please bring him by ANYTIME! Love ya!
Aw, so cute!
You should name her Gertrude.
CONGRATS.... what a story, sorry about the epidural, she is beautiful, can't wait to hear the name.
Whooootie whoooooo! Baby's here!
K someone has to let us know the name. Aww we are so happy for you. Love you lots.
Ash - I actually like the name Gertrude. Don't make fun. ;)
congrats on your sweet baby. she is a cutie. really sorry about your epidural. I am in deep love with those things, so i hope that doesn't happen to me. You do have a nice little boy to be so nice at the hospital and go to sleep so good. what a helper he will be. good work!
Yea! New babies are the best! Congrats! She is beautiful!
Oh, no matter how good you feel, REST! Even if you feel fabulous, your body needs it. Speaking from experience...it's easy to feel the need to keep up with all the house work, but you just had a baby and you can wear yourself out fast so take it easy and let people help:) I think it's harder to make yourself rest when you already have another kid to take care of, but try!
YAY!!! Congrats!!!
I can't wait to see her. :) So happy and scared for you and your "quick" labor. Glad to hear all is going well and can't wait to hear what her name is :)
Congrats!!! She really is a beautiful baby! And I didn't realize you didn't have an epidural... you're brave! I'm gonna be a horrible patient when I have babies... telling what drugs to give me and when. Poor dr's.
Thanks for letting me be a part of the experience Keara! It is something I will never forget :) She is gorgeous!!!!! love ya!
Congratulations! She truly is a beautiful girl. I can't wait to see you both.
YAY!She is sooo beauitful and what a little sweetheart C is being!!! You have a beauitful family. I am soo happy for you guys. I am also glad that your mom will be there soon to help you. How are you blogging at the hospital anyways do they have wireless? Oh i would have been totally crying too if they told me that i could not have an epidural. I was a 8 before i got mine and i had tears streaming out of my eyes...but afterwards pure bliss. Thanks for sharing your story. Can't wait to see more pics and hear more updates!
KEARA you brave and strong woman!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I cant wait to see more pictures! I am so glad labor went as great as it could and the delivery was even better. You little Calvy is absolutely precious! I cant wait to hear what you name your sweet baby.
I am so happy for the entire "B" Family!!! It's about time she got here! Calvy is going to be such a good big brother - he is so stinkin' cute! Baby Girl "B" is absolutely beautiful - her head is so nice and round and not all contorted and egg-like, which most babies suffer from for the first couple days! I can't wait to see you all next month! Congrats again and I can't wait to find out what you named her! Lots of Love from Utah!!! (By the way, I deleted the comment above because I used your last name, duh!!! So I changed it to "B" in this comment!)
Ahh my new neice! I can't wait to hold her. She is so stinking cute and sooo lucky to get your ears Keara. :) Love you guys.
Congrats!! Can not wait to meet Calvy's baby "chicher." Now that it cute!!
Congratulations Keara! You are so cute and so is your new little bundle of joy! I am so glad that things went so well for you both! Good Luck and I hope you and your family are doing well! Can't wait to see more pictures! :)
Post a Comment