
These are older pictures from our trip to the Chicago Temple. we will be making another trip to Chicago this weekend, but unfortunately will not be making it to the temple, it is a very quick trip to see a chiropractor. Then Calvy and Daddy have Father's and Sons campout. They are so excited, now I just need to come up with some fun girl stuff to do with Ellie.


Yesterday morning Calvin came into our bedroom while we were getting ready, he often tells us what happened last night...meaning his dreams, but to him it happened, this morning was no different.
C: Do you remember last night when I was afraid of the scary Halloween sings(things)?
K: You were scared? Was this your dream?
C: Yes, remember when I was scared of the skeleton in my room?
K: There was a skeleton?
C: Yah, and remember when I raised my eyebrows at him and he just looked at me like this(making a scowly face while looking up).
K: You raised your eyebrows at him?
C: Yah, like this....raises eyebrows.
I asked Alan if he has heard his dream.
A: Did you have a scary dream?
C: Yah, and remember when you turned into school?
A: Looks like I'm the source of knowledge(turning the conversation to me...he thinks he's so funny)
C: Yah, and remember when there was a tall white bookshelf in my room?
A: You had a tall bookshelf in your room?
C: No, no a white tall bookshelf.
I often wonder what his dreams mean. What does a tall white bookshelf signify, and Alan turning into a school? He has such an imagination during the day and NEVER stops talking, even now he is watching IMAX Under the Sea and every time they say female he laughs. He's so smart and so funny, I just love having him around and I LOVE that I am his mother.
I feel bad sometimes that I don't have such interesting things to say about my little Ellie, but she is just as funny. She's so fun to have around, she is never interested in what's on TV, she'd rather be in the bathroom with me getting ready. She LOVES the bathroom, and there is not a day that goes by that she does not get hurt in there. It is usually her hitting her head on the sink from her trying to stand on the stepping stool. Before we eat any meal we will ask her if she wants to say prayer, and she always says "yah" and pushes her plate/bowl away from her and clasps her hands and proceeds to "say" the prayer. It usually sounds like someone trying to talk with a mouth full of food and only through her nose, I've watched her and her mouth rarely opens, it's all nasal. Then she ends with "Maymem." I think Heavenly Father likes those prayers the best.
Yesterday the kids brought their little chairs into the front room, Calvy sat in the chair and said "ok doctor, check me" Ellie stood behind him and moved her hands up and down his back, sometimes throwing in a little hit or pinch, followed by a scream from Calvy. Then they would start over again. Ellie thoroughly enjoyed it, I think she liked having an excuse to be "mean," I could see it in the mischievous look on her face. Little stinker.
Alan is moving ahead in school, learning a TON. Every time I help him study I am amazed at how much they expect him to remember, and then even more amazed that he actually does. He is an amazing husband and father, finding equal time for all of us, I don't know how he does it, but he does and I am so thankful.
Life is good here in Iowa.
C: Do you remember last night when I was afraid of the scary Halloween sings(things)?
K: You were scared? Was this your dream?
C: Yes, remember when I was scared of the skeleton in my room?
K: There was a skeleton?
C: Yah, and remember when I raised my eyebrows at him and he just looked at me like this(making a scowly face while looking up).
K: You raised your eyebrows at him?
C: Yah, like this....raises eyebrows.
I asked Alan if he has heard his dream.
A: Did you have a scary dream?
C: Yah, and remember when you turned into school?
A: Looks like I'm the source of knowledge(turning the conversation to me...he thinks he's so funny)
C: Yah, and remember when there was a tall white bookshelf in my room?
A: You had a tall bookshelf in your room?
C: No, no a white tall bookshelf.
I often wonder what his dreams mean. What does a tall white bookshelf signify, and Alan turning into a school? He has such an imagination during the day and NEVER stops talking, even now he is watching IMAX Under the Sea and every time they say female he laughs. He's so smart and so funny, I just love having him around and I LOVE that I am his mother.
I feel bad sometimes that I don't have such interesting things to say about my little Ellie, but she is just as funny. She's so fun to have around, she is never interested in what's on TV, she'd rather be in the bathroom with me getting ready. She LOVES the bathroom, and there is not a day that goes by that she does not get hurt in there. It is usually her hitting her head on the sink from her trying to stand on the stepping stool. Before we eat any meal we will ask her if she wants to say prayer, and she always says "yah" and pushes her plate/bowl away from her and clasps her hands and proceeds to "say" the prayer. It usually sounds like someone trying to talk with a mouth full of food and only through her nose, I've watched her and her mouth rarely opens, it's all nasal. Then she ends with "Maymem." I think Heavenly Father likes those prayers the best.
Yesterday the kids brought their little chairs into the front room, Calvy sat in the chair and said "ok doctor, check me" Ellie stood behind him and moved her hands up and down his back, sometimes throwing in a little hit or pinch, followed by a scream from Calvy. Then they would start over again. Ellie thoroughly enjoyed it, I think she liked having an excuse to be "mean," I could see it in the mischievous look on her face. Little stinker.
Alan is moving ahead in school, learning a TON. Every time I help him study I am amazed at how much they expect him to remember, and then even more amazed that he actually does. He is an amazing husband and father, finding equal time for all of us, I don't know how he does it, but he does and I am so thankful.
Life is good here in Iowa.
1 comment:
Your kiddos are so cute, I love when you tell the things they say. They make me chuckle. :) I am so glad life is going so well in Iowa. We miss you here, but I am glad you like it there.
Post a Comment