Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mother of the Year



Ok, so we blessed Caleb this last weekend and apparently I didn't think it was too terribly important. We had good friends come, and we consider them our Iowa Family. We didn't get but one picture the whole day, but we decided to reenact it this next Sunday and take pictures and have people over. Thank you to everyone who came and for those wonderful men who joined the circle, it was a very special blessing to our sweet Caleb.

Letter to Caleb for his special day.

Caleb Alan Barnes,
Your pregnancy was most definitely the easiest so far, even though I had gallstones and kidney stones, it was great, I loved being pregnant with you and feeling you move around while I fell asleep. Your labor and delivery were amazing, we weren't sure when you were going to come, my contractions were never very consistent so we just had to kind of guess when it was time to go down to the hospital. We decided to have a natural hospital birth with you and it was amazing, your Daddy and I were such a great team, really working together to bring you into this world in a peaceful setting. Feeling your labor all the way through was amazing for me, I felt very close to you and very big role in bringing you into this world .
We have had a bumpy beginning but we are getting through the breast infections and still nursing. you should count yourself very special to know how much went in to making sure you stay as natural as possible, we love you so much and that is what makes it all worth it. You are so similar to your labor, just laid back and easy going. You were a surprise baby, but it is no surprise that we love you as much as we do, we wouldn't change it for the world.
You love to smile and look at us, when you hear anyone of our voices you smile, but especially for your big brother Calvin. When you hear Ellie I swear your heart starts to race, she is not exactly gentle with you, but she is young too, and I know in time you will become great friends. I love to watch you nurse, you love to pull of and give me a goofy smile and a laugh. Your raspy little voice melts my heart. I look forward to nursing you, especially when things are hectic, having the opportunity to sit down and nurse you just relaxes me and makes me feel special that I get to have you in my arms.
You were blessed on August 29, 2010 by your Father, Alan A. Barnes in the 2nd Ward of the Davenport, Ia Stake. You were surrounded by men who love you, especially your Daddy.
You are now coming up on your 2 month Birthday and you are getting so big and chunky, we just love to squeeze and tickle your thighs. We are so thankful to be blessed with your special unique little spirit in our home.
You are such a wonderful blessing and we love you so much.

These are our good friends. We love them so much, they are our Iowa family. We were SO happy to have them at church with us. Thank you SO much for coming, it really meant a lot to have you there on Calebs' special day. We love you.

No comments: