
Thanks to my wonderful MIL and Proactiv my reflection is looking better these days, but my body is feeling a little tired and yucky.
I'm not really sure what I want to write about tonight, I've been feeling a little down lately so nothing too fantastic is sticking out in my brain. Alan did a lot of work on the treehouse, I stayed in bed till noon and the kids played.
I don't like feeling sick, I feel guilty sleeping and staying in bed, it's very hard to do, I think as women we let that guilt get to us...at least I do. I tried to ignore it and let my body recover but I have so many things that I wanted to get done on this break, and today was my last day, so being sick was a HUGE inconvenience. It is a good time for reflection though, and maybe that's what I needed more than getting my projects done, I needed to slow down and reflect.
I have been thinking about where we are going as a family and what our family life will be like 5 years down the rode when our kids will be older and in school, making their own friends, and what type of friends they would choose. I think of how they will treat me and how I will treat them, the type of relationship I will have will them. I sometimes long for those days when they are older and we can talk about the gospel and we can memorize scriptures together as a family and go on fun outings that are difficult with toddlers and babies, but then I realize the life I am longing for won't happen on it's own, that I need to start now. I have to be more patient and soft spoken now if I want to be later, I have to start a sweet relationship with my children now and care for them now so that later they will know I really do care later. It is actually a little overwhelming for me to think about, I do wish a tiny bit that it could just happen on it's own, but I do know that it is worth it.
I was asked by our YW President to speak at this months fireside. At first I felt pretty cool that they picked me, but then I felt VERY unqualified. The topic they asked me to speak on is Divine Nature. I have spoken in Sacrament Meeting on this same topic before, so I am excited to do it again. There is a lot to say about Divine Nature...I'm not sure what it is exactly, but I know there will be a lot. ;0).
Our house is clean and we are ready for Church tomorrow. I am hoping that I feel really good so that I can go. I am also hoping to hear back from our Homeopath in AZ about what's going on with my poor body.
Here is one of the talks I have listened to to help prepare for this talk. It is a great talk for everyone to hear, I love Pres. Eyering.
I would like to write more, but I know that my lengthy posts are a little too frequent, so....
Happy Sept 11 everyone, I hope you say a special prayer for our wonderful country, those who run it and all those affected 9 years ago.
God bless America...my home sweet home!



4 comments:
Oh my goodness. those are such funny pictures. I love the one that looks like Alan is eating Caleb's head. hehe
Keara, you a so beautiful. Not just in the picture) but through and through. You love your family and you make the time to think about them now and in the future and how what you do now will help you then.
Love you mucho.
BTW, is the proactiv working well? because my skin is a disaster. I bought some stuff but it doesn't seem to be working and my skin is crazier than ever:)
Keara I love u so much and love reading ur posts!! U make me want to be a better person!! Ur reflecting is the same as mine and I hope to be a better person, mom, wife, daughter and sister!!!:) I hope ur body recovers quickly and will stop all together with the mastitis!! I can't imagine having it multiple times! You are an awesome mom and wife though don't ever forget it!!!
Thanks for your thoughts on your kids I needed to hear that. The relationships that you build now are what make it better when they get older. And please woman your gorgeous!!
Post a Comment