Friday, September 24, 2010

New Shoes and Frozen Fruits

These are my sweet new shoes that I got from Goodwill. $4.38
This is my couch that I am trying to sell, it is taking up WAY too much space.

These are my kids, they take up space too but I can't sell them on Craigslist. LOL ;0) Ellie bit into her tongue yesterday so we ate some frozen fruit, in the process of me getting the fruit out, one of my bags of frozen milk flew out of the door onto poor Calvys' foot, so that explains his sad face while he enjoys some frozen berries.



Here is a double, it wouldn't let me delete it.
Life is pretty good, I am gaining energy and the diet is going pretty well. I am SO thankful for this energy, I have really been missing it. We are re-doing the kids bedroom in preparation to moving Caleb in there. We let them pick out fabric for their new bedding and we are in the process of buying Ellie a new big girl bed.

Ellie is still obsessed with my "boobies" and tries to watch me getting into the shower, taking a shower and while I'm getting out.
The other day our neighbors brought over a Barney costume for Calvy, to add to our dress-up,
Calvy told them he didn't want or need it. I thanked them and said that Calvy said thank you too
and we closed the door and sat down for dinner. I told Calvy that when someone gives us something,even if we don't like it,
we always say "thank you".
M: "Calvy, when someone gives you something, you always say 'thank you', even if you don't like it or want it."
C: "We always say 'thank you?'
M: "Yes, it is the nice thing to do, it makes them feel sad if we don't."
C: "Even if we don't like it?"
M: "Yes, even if we don't like it."
C: "oh, ok. Thank you for dinner Mommy."
M: "..........you're welcome......."

So, I guess our new diet isn't always pleasant, but we are trying.
Little Caleb is not so little anymore, he is a big baby. We love every inch of his chubbalishisness,
he is always giving me a big smile and Daddy and one eyebrow raise. tehe :)
We love our family and love being parents and sharing this experience together. Life is interesting, it has a lot of twists and turns and ups and downs, but who would ride a rollercoaster that only went straight. I am grateful for this life and it's challenges and hope and pray that I will always rise up to meet them.
Have a GREAT day everyone!

P.S. Did you catch my little shout out to Kelsy and her super cool new hubs???? Take another look if you didn't. XOXO

5 comments:

The Williamson's said...

LOVE the shoes! I love goodwill :) I think the talent show sounds so fun, we are totally in! I will start my count down chain now, i can't wait to see you guys!

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh those shoes are awesome!!! And what a fabulous deal!!

5littlenordstroms said...

Hey just wanted to say hi. Your blog is so fun to read. I really enjoy it. I miss you too. Anyway good luck with the diet. I did the same thing for two weeks no sugar what so ever. I lost 10 lbs. Stuggling to keep it going but still trying. Anyway. Love ya.

Jourdan McLaws said...

love a good buy

Becky said...

Your shoes ROCK!!!!!!!
And I love to see the kids on the counter! That makes me smile! (0:
PS I love the chubbiness of your sweet baby, too! (0: