Warning: the author is under the influence of pain medication for extreme pain, be aware that it may not make sense and there may be typos. Thank you!
About a year ago that I started feeling this uncomfortable little spot on my toe, it felt like I had a little pebble in it. As months went by it started to get bigger, and bigger to the point that I couldn't wear shoes anymore. Then while Alan was out of town of week, it got really bad, and started to get a head on it. I kept telling Alan that it felt like it was trying to come to the surface. I talked to a med student friend of ours and he said that if it were him he would just lance it himself, so I did. If you don't know this about me already, I do NOT like to wait, and I did not want to wait for a doctor or Alan. So that night I went home and soaked my Exacto knife in alcohol for 5 minutes, then I burned it under a flame(which I think actually dulled it a little) and Then rubbed alcohol and peroxide on my toe and fingers. I tried to be a clean as possible, I did not want an infection and I definitely did not want to be on any antibiotics. Because of where the pimple-like bump was it was callused so I had to kind of stab it then pulled up on it to make a hole big enough for all the "junk" to come out. This hurt, but it also felt so good because squeezing all that "junk" out relieved a LOT of pressure and I was able to sleep that night. Long story short, that did not fix the problem. I went Dr. L (seriously, he is Dr L, I am not copying Nie Nie (0:) He told me it looked like a cyst. A few months later I am walking into the operating room with 3 extra holes in me because they could not find a vein(never Ever happened to me before...it hurt!). I lay down on the bed I am shaking because I am nervous and freezing because I am naked under a little gown that for some reason has a pocket type thingy in it, right where my "bottles" for my son are, and for some reason my "bottles" want to be seen, so they keep peeking out, seriously can I get a new gown, a blanket, anything! ;0) The nurses and Dr L were great, the next thing I new I was waking up with a sore throat and a very sore toe. I'm pretty sure I told my nurse about our neighbors smoking weed and Calvy's story about wanting a hammer like a judge but not one of their marshmallow hats, because it would look funny on him. I remember thinking, "This will b really funny, I'll make all of them laugh if I tell them this story about Calvy and the judge". I believer these are the words that came out of my mouth....my eyes are closed telling her this too, just for visual effect. "My son told me he wanted a hammer like a judge but not a marshmallow hat." I waited for them to laugh, but it didn't happen. I'll tell you the real story of the hammer and wig later, along with a funny story from sweet Ellie about a storm in her closet.
Alan came to pick me up and I don't think I was very nice to him, I remember saying to him, when he was trying to tell me about his day, to let it be about me just for a minute. Sorry babe! Alan has been working like a dog, though I don't quite understand that expression because my dog is sprawled out on the couch at my feet and has been for the last few hours. Either way, he has been a champion! He has fed and washed the kids, played with them, tried to keep up with the house work, cloth diapers, laundry, dishes dishes and more dishes. He has made us meals and filled my water bottle up for me over and over again. I also have the best friends in the world, watching my kids for me when Alan has to go down to the clinic for patients. It really has been a great recovery, minus the pain, I broke down today, I decided I couldn't take the pain any more and I took a pain pill. I was trying to hold off because I can not nurse while taking them. The Tylenol wasn't cutting it. So as of a few hours ago I am taking a break from nursing. Caleb is almost a year old, so I am not too worried, I just love nursing and want to keep doing it until we are both sick of it, or until he's 2, which ever comes first. ;0)
So for right now, I am alone in my house, waiting and wanting to be a mommy and wife again.
I hope you all are having a fabulous Summer Vacation. Swimming lessons start soon!!!! Yaya!
-Keara
1 comment:
Wish I had been here!! I hope that I helped a little today!
I wuf u!
Post a Comment