This is me today. Alan came home for lunch today, and after my kiss he asked me if I had brushed my teeth yet, which I had not, so I thanked him for telling me I had bad breath. I then informed him that not only had I not brushed my teeth yet, I ate a piece of cheese a few minutes before. ;)I am sitting here listening to Alan and Calvin talked about baking boogers and hiding them. I have just finished the task of cleaning my kitchen and dining room. For some reason it tool me about 4 hours. Not because I had a huge mess to clean up, I didn't. It is all because I have 3 beautiful children who for some reason need a Mommy and feel they need to ask her questions every five minutes, or if your name is Ellie, feel you have to fall off of something every 10 minutes, and she would not waste her time falling off of things if she wasn't going to bleed, so there is always some blood to clean up....which in the end takes me away from my cleaning the kitchen. Hmmm.
I feel I need to describe my attitude toward this, I don't want you to misconceive the utter enjoyment I get out of being a mother and cleaning up after them and feeding them and cleaning up their bloody mouths. I enjoy it, it is what makes me happy. I would rather have this to do than search the internet all day and go to bed feeling blah, instead of the way I usually feel which is...exhausted. I love my calling, I love being a mother and I love my husband, he is my closest confidant and friend.
I am now going to go figure out what that rank smell is coming from my bathroom and get to the 7 text messages I have in my phone and maybe make some time to be just Keara for and hour or so. I also like being Keara, the girl who loves interior design, loves to organize, take pictures, read design magazines and craft. If only I had time. ;0)
C 'est la vie.
In other news alan and I will be looking for a new car pretty soon. Our poor Trooper is on it's last leg. We just found out it will be a measly....everyone put your pinky to your mouth when you say this... $4,000, to fix it. We have decided to let him go without treatment and see how long he lasts. The Doctor(Dave & Sam's autoshop) said we have a few months left with him. We will try to make the most of it. It the meantime he continues to spew all the transmission fluid all over our driveway, and we keep filling it up. It's a sad thing to say good-bye to something that has served you so well for such a long time, but we know we will be blessed with another car that will suit us just fine.
Choose to have a great day today....I'm am.....trying. No, I am!!!!!!
-Keara
2 comments:
Love you so much Keara!!
This post actually cracked me up big time. I can relate to all of it. Sometimes I think I have it in me to be a STELLAR housekeeper. But I kind of just don't want to. I would rather take three hours to clean one little kitchen and then the next hour to admire it and insist everyone stay out of it. Then I make dinner and the whole game starts all over again.
Sorry about the car. We just got a new minivan this past week. I have been converted. Traveling with 5 kids was never so easy, convenient and comfortable. Why didn't anyone tell me?? ;)
Post a Comment